The TV Series discussion thread

I tried not watching the third episode of True Detective, because I'd rather watch them all together - but I couldn't help myself.

It's still extremely captivating - but it's also VERY focused on characters. Do NOT expect much in the way of action.

The dialogue is particularly strong - and MM is delivering his lines with a perfect southern and insomniac depression :)

That end scene…. Enough said!

So much better than what I usually see on TV.

That end scene…. Enough said!

Definitely powerful and disturbing. I even downloaded the episode just to see that again.

That said, I hope they don't ruin this with too much soap opera type drama between the characters. The scenes with Harrelson and his mistress were somewhat lame, and I'm not sure what they're aiming for with the weird tension between his wife and McConaughey's character.

Definitely powerful and disturbing. I even downloaded the episode just to see that again.

That said, I hope they don't ruin this with too much soap opera type drama between the characters. The scenes with Harrelson and his mistress were somewhat lame, and I'm not sure what they're aiming for with the weird tension between his wife and McConaughey's character.

I enjoy that kind of thing, because it makes the characters more real to me, instead of just stereotypical cops. Marty starts out being the regular cop with a good marriage - and we're now seeing how that's not true at all. That would have been harder to establish without the wife interaction stuff. That said, I do think the Maggie character is pretty dull - and the focus is most definitely on MM and WH.

I think one point the show seems to be making with that "soap opera" stuff is that the one person who appears to be the most fucked up - is actually the most mentally healthy of them all.

True Detective is indeed pretty good. I thought i would like Harrelson more than i do though. I don't think its his fault, it's just that his character is kind of lame and uninteresting/predictable. Kind of pales in comparison to McConaughey's character, which is just brilliant. So far he's really the only reason to watch the show, but yes, worth it for that character alone.

Pladio, I'm in love with that show and I hope the blacklist has enough names on it for 3-4 seasons or even more.
Where did they suck out ideas for those criminal types? It's totally refreshing!

Well, I'm guessing they have someone with some medical background on the show as three of them were related to some medical expertise...

But yeah, the "villains" are good, but I especially like Reddignton.

I don't care too much for the Keen family though.

Yup, the script is not made without a thorough research and suggestions, for example avoiding an explanation on a possible process on how to plant someone else's DNA as evidence is right secision. We don't need another CSI series.

And I bet no other actor could portrait Reddington that good.

----

Anyone watches Supernatural?
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0460681/

It's silly, cheesy and useless timewaster, but I can't stop watching it for years already.
Dunno what brings me back. Music? Humor? Or both? If I knew I'd tell you. But it's definetly not nudity - there is none! :D

Why am I bringing it up? Because silly CW is making a spin-off:
http://www.tv.com/shows/supernatura...tural-spinoff-tribes-characters-139145267017/

Supernatural without Sam&Dean? And we're talking about cashgrab in games industry... I'm skipping that crap.
Unless of course someone says it's as fun as the parent and still ongoing series (currently season 9 is being aired worldwide).

We used to watch it (me, out of the corner of my eye while gaming), but it's fallen off the watchlist for a few years. Guess it became to predictable. I don't choose. ;)

Isn't it fun to know that the people who commented early in this thread are arguing for cancelled shows? I just made myself sad, they argued for some good shows thank God for Netflix. By the way this thread started with the show "merlin" Katie McGrath is something isn't she?

Last edited:
Repeating about Helix.
SyFy. Fridays. Crap network, yes. Ingenious new series.
What is it about? It's basically a claustrophobic horror with a touch of sci-fi, thriller and drama.
Try to imagine what dark music plays during it. Did you? Now listen to this song which is practically the main theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5EXG7fmxXY
Is that even possible? Yet, it works! And all themes inside are of that style. Watch now before it falls down the abyss like SyFy shows usually do if didn't suck from the beginning.

Amazon airs certain kids and stinky comedies pilots and you can vote if you would like to see the show continued.
I'd say nah, bah and meh, but one pilot caught my eye:
http://www.amazon.com/Pilot-HD/dp/B00I3MP3SG
Chris Carter's The After.
Ignore the overuse of f. word, pretend you're not fearing f., f., f., f. off, f. this, f. that. Watch it and vote if you can - do you want to see more of Carter's new stuff?
The pilot on that amazon link is available worldwide, watching pilot is free.

Last episode of True Detective was pretty tense ;)

Minus the husband-wife drama, I thought it was really good. The last 15 minutes was especially intense.

Also watched the new episode of The Walking Dead. Meh… It was a letdown compared to the mid-season finale.

I actually completely forgot TWD existed :)

I'm looking forward to Hannibal starting again. Shouldn't be too long, IIRC.

I actually completely forgot TWD existed :)

I'm looking forward to Hannibal starting again. Shouldn't be too long, IIRC.

Here it starts on Feb 28th, same night as next Grimm episode ... and for my kids same night as a big school dance, so my younger son is torn on which to do (if he gets his crew involved they'll skip the dance and watch the shows!)

O_O
Skip TV, go dance. Crew? What crew? Just go dance.
Some things in life you can't redo. TV shows is not one of them.

Btw… Dunno what's TWD nor care, not watching Hannibal nor care, following Grimm but not skipping life because of it.

Repeating about Helix.
SyFy. Fridays. Crap network, yes. Ingenious new series.
What is it about? It's basically a claustrophobic horror with a touch of sci-fi, thriller and drama.
Try to imagine what dark music plays during it. Did you? Now listen to this song which is practically the main theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5EXG7fmxXY
Is that even possible? Yet, it works! And all themes inside are of that style. Watch now before it falls down the abyss like SyFy shows usually do if didn't suck from the beginning.
I don't know. They just about lost me after that ridiculous episode two weeks ago. Between the hallucination scene and the "oh, by the way there's a town within walking distance of the super-secret super-isolated base" silliness, they just went WAAAAAY too far. I've got last night's episode recorded, but if they don't get back on track, I think I'm done. Whoever wrote "Day 6" should have their typewriter stuffed up their tailpipe and then be violently killed until dead. Then cryogenically frozen until resurrection becomes possible, at which time they should be brought back to life and then violently killed until dead. Again.

Back
Top Bottom