Gothic 3 i need a huge help!

FAR-ESTERN

Watcher
hello everybody!
I'm comming from rpgdot forums, cause there's no help for me now. Gorath, you are doing great job here and I wish you to keep it on. so, this is my problem. the big one. i had reinstalled te game(gothic 3) and after replaying the saves of the prewious install, the hero had a huge amount of atribute points. those saves were made in the game with first patch installed(I was unable to install 1.08 ). I have tried to install the first patch bu all the links, those from the kupdate and from gothic3 site send me to 1.09 patch(wich installed, gave me that strong hero ). is something that can be done for solving this? please respond quick. somebody. anybody. thx a lot!

Patch 1.09 contains both the earlier patches!! If you only want an earlier patch, didn't you save them when you first downloaded them? I'm not sure I really understand your problem!!

1) put off all equipment (amuletts, armour...) before you patch the game
2) make a save
3) patch the game
4) load the old save
5) equip all stuff again

thx for your reply, guys.
Corwin, I didn't save those patches. from now on I'll do it. problem is that the game was reinstalled and patched with 1.09. And the saves was made with al items equipped. I found the first patch and I will install it and then i will make things right

No need to put off your equipment if you're upgrading from 1.08 to 1.09. However, it is necessary to do so if your current savegame was created with 1.07 or the unpatched G3 release (EU).

Not sure how things will be for future patches.

The "official" instructions for upgrading to 1.09 contain the "put off your items" part simply because of the fact, that when you're upgrading from 1.07 or lower it is required to do so, unless you want to continue your game with bugged stats.

thx, aldee. I allready did it. I just reinstalled the game, patched with the first patch, opened the savegame, put off all items and saved again. Then I installed 1.09 and now it works. Only that Wenzel sword is broken, because the 105 damage that it had after sharping, became 90. Hasta la vista.

I wonder if they lowered the dmg value of that sword. Because its same with me also.

The "official" instructions for upgrading to 1.09 contain the "put off your items" part simply because of the fact, that when you're upgrading from 1.07 or lower it is required to do so, unless you want to continue your game with bugged stats.

So what is the deal with that - what happens? (I'm just coming out of G3 spoiler-avoidance mode ;) )

So what is the deal with that - what happens? (I'm just coming out of G3 spoiler-avoidance mode ;) )
If you don't put off your equipment before upgrading from 1.07 or lower to 1.08 / 1.09, the hero won't wear the stuff as well when you load up your previous save game, but the stat / armor bonuses will still be there, as if he was still in full gear.

AFAIK the stat change for Wenzel's sword is intentional.

HI! i think that the change of dmg of Wenzel's sword was a good thing because I decided to return the sword to his master and finish the quest. Originally I intended to keep the sword because it was veryy good for that time, until I find another. Btw, there is a better sword one-handed withi bigger dmg? I supose it is. Thx again.

HI! i think that the change of dmg of Wenzel's sword was a good thing because I decided to return the sword to his master and finish the quest. Originally I intended to keep the sword because it was veryy good for that time, until I find another. Btw, there is a better sword one-handed withi bigger dmg? I supose it is. Thx again.

Good point - I returned it because, well, I'm playing 'lawful good' anyway ...

Back
Top Bottom