Might & Magic X - Patch Results & Reference Team

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Limbic Entertainment has two more updates for our reading pleasure today. The first update shows the results of the patch poll.
Thanks for your votes on the first “What to patch next?” poll. The comments showed already very early which the top vote options are: Item compare and map notes. But there can only be one winner … Item compare with 55%
The second update of the day goes behind the scenes, and explains the role of the the Might & Magic Reference Team.
Since Heroes V, all Might & Magic games have shared a common setting: the world of Ashan. The Might & Magic Reference Team has been created to ensure consistency despite the fact these games are created by different teams. We asked Erwan Le Breton, the Creative Director of the Might & Magic brand, to tell us more about Ashan’s creation and the work done by the Reference Team.
More information.

Please note: Also the other features from the poll will be implemented for a later game version (not in the next patch)

so much for 'retro mode' being "an obvious joke" ;)

Despite myself I bought the early access and, though it's still a bit rough around the edges, it is very well done and I would agree with Benetar that they have done a very good job making it fun. They've put some newer efficiency into older mechanics to remove tedium and cumbersome navigation.
It doesn't appear to be -and I hope it remains as such- a handholding affair. There is some quest guidance, but the generalized directions make the world something that you feel you're truly exploring, and most areas seem very well crafted.
They're not pushing the tech envelope by any stretch of the imagination, however, even in this category I wouldn't consider it a slouch. It's got the feel of a Might and Magic throughout the art and design; definitely worthy of its namesake.

Back
Top Bottom