Well, it also doesn't help that, while there are lots of games that never were, I don't think any of them had a bi-annual release date posted and slipped. For more than a decade straight.

Now he's saying that if we give him money, he *might* deign to update his Win3.1 era code to work in Win7, just in time for Win8 to come along and break it again, and still never release it anyway.

I pooped about 10 minutes ago. I thought about scooping it up, putting it in a ziploc bag, and donating that to the Grimoire kickstarter. What will that get me?

?????

Well, it also doesn't help that, while there are lots of games that never were, I don't think any of them had a bi-annual release date posted and slipped. For more than a decade straight.

You forgot: "...at the same time as the developers insult and berate their potential customers."

:lol:

Corwin got a rightful berating by Cleve in that other thread. Wish I could have contributed. It is such a pleasure seeing a zionist Christian (or Jew, or Hindu for that matter, or any kind of zionist) get humiliated in public and get called out for the bloodthirsty psychopath that he is.

Anyhow, Grimoire will be one of the best indie crpg released in the last few years.

:lol:

Corwin got a rightful berating by Cleve in that other thread. Wish I could have contributed. It is such a pleasure seeing a zionist Christian (or Jew, or Hindu for that matter, or any kind of zionist) get humiliated in public and get called out for the bloodthirsty psychopath that he is.

Is that what happened? As someone who doesn't exactly agree with the politics of the former, it looked more like "significantly out of sync with my view of the world" met "batshit insane" and "batshit insane" was louder.

Anyhow, Grimoire will be one of the best indie crpg released in the last few years.

Clearly you posted primarily to express this statement and only secondarily to shout your support for batshit insanity.

OOOhhh batshit insanity...Where do I throw my money? :D

You are *investing* in the project, because the developer has managed to convince you that they can deliver something cool, that you want to be a part of, and which cannot be funded by traditional means. In the case of game Kickstarter projects it has simply become the norm that you receive a copy of the game once (or rather *if*) it is completed. In some other types of Kickstarter projects you are simply giving the guys your money for whatever

Investing implies equity share and I haven't seen a Kickstarter yet promising business ownership as a reward. Your last sentence is a little more accurate, but if the project is successful, in most cases you receive something back (like a build of the project or, with games, a copy of the game). In that sense, I don't think it is bad to think of it as an extended preorder, contingent on the product being successfully completed. I think it would be more accurate to say it is contributing to something that you believe will turn out well.

As for Grimoire and Cleve, well I have never followed the development of Grimoire and it isn't my type of RPG anyway. It might have some success because of its online infamy. I won't pledge, as Cleve has personally assured me (something I am still waiting on), I will be burning in brimstone hellfire likely long before the game is released.

Time to lock this one.....it is just flaming.

I doubt this will ever be released. Also, what an unprofessional developer<->customer relationship.

Cleve:
from that thread
I think you would be happier over at RPGWatch. Minimum IQ score for this forum is 92, I am sorry you missed it by a single point Baxter. Back over to the popamole kingdom for you.

whatever, I'll still play the game if it ever gets released - I would not contribute to a crowd funder though.

The screenshots make it look amusing and possibly promising. Too bad the guy is such a psychopath there's no way I would buy his game unless I was certain it somehow cost him money for me to do so.

I reckon all of you are going to eat crow when I sail through the $750,000 mark about 30 days in.

If I was not the author of this game and could get a copy free, I personally would not hesitate a second to get the $100.00 pledge. I'd give anything to have a hardbacked manual and full solution guide for a game like that.

Sorry but you guys are underestimating me again. Grimoire is legion. It is the world's greatest vaporware in the history of mankind and when it goes to release anybody who did not get the physical goods is going to have a lifetime of regrets. I know what my own game is worth to hardcore players.

You naysayers will be eating crow and substantial amounts of it, first when I cruise through 250G like it wasn't even there and then when I release the game on May 1st. I don't want to think about the mascara tears running down your cheeks when you realize it will be DRM forever after and your one shot to get the physical copy has forever passed you by.

You apparently do know a little bit about me and of course you know I could never again be bothered to ship anything physical after I fulfill all the pledges. It wouldn't matter if there was ten million in it for me. I cannot be bothered after I ship out all the pledges, it will be digital only forevermore after that. I will personally burn the masters for the manual and the DVD so that only the binary remains after the delivery.

There will be only one opportunity to get the box, manual and full solution guide and this will be it. I will video myself after the fulfillment pledges tossing the masters for the DVD and manual into a woodchipper which will spit the fragments into the lake of a rock quarry with the entire surface covered with diesel oil. I will then throw a flare into the quarry causing a massive explosion that can be seen from hundreds of miles away, effectively incinerating even the possibility of anything physical shipping ever again.
Should be the initial pitch.

I bet he'd get a better initial push than OSRPG with that text. Particularly if the video is him shouting it verbatim into a camera in his poorly lit bunker. =[

Back
Top Bottom