Beyond Divinity - Now on GamersGate

Asbjoern

N'wah
The much criticised sequel - Beyond Divinity - to the much praised action RPG - Divine Divinity - has now become available for digital purchase and download at GamersGate for €9.99.
Worth noting is also that GamersGate no longer utilizes a client to download the games. You just download them through the website instead. So feel free to uninstall that horrible piece of software that was their client. One week from now it will no longer be supported.
More information.

What is the deal with GamerGate? Do games purchased there have some sort of protection/DRM?

Some games have DRM and some games don't. Mostly you just get a CD-key that you have to enter during installation. Real easy, at least when they don't have King's Bounty 50% off and run out of CD-keys.

But they don't offer any of EA's high profile games, so activation limits and what else is not something you have to worry with, because they just don't sell those games.

What is the deal with GamerGate? Do games purchased there have some sort of protection/DRM?

I'll let you know specific to BD ... I just bought it. Been wanting to give it another go - so on to the netbook it goes!

I'll let you know specific to BD ... I just bought it. Been wanting to give it another go - so on to the netbook it goes!

You have any problems installing? I bought it last night, and I've downloaded it twice but the file cpackedb.13c keeps coming up as corrupted.

But they don't offer any of EA's high profile games, so activation limits and what else is not something you have to worry with, because they just don't sell those games.

King's Bounty: TL from GamersGate has the same limited activations scheme as the EA titles (or at least, I've consistently been told so- I have the US retail version which only has 'standard' SecuROM so cannot directly confirm), however GG do actually guarantee they will get you new activations if you run out.

You have any problems installing? I bought it last night, and I've downloaded it twice but the file cpackedb.13c keeps coming up as corrupted.

Exact same thing here ... two machines, separate downloads ... same error.

Interestingly ... I went through my old GamersGate downloader - and it all went fine. Looks like the new system has some bugs still!

The boxed version came with Starforce protection. I tried it a couple of years after release and it kept bluescreening. Luckily they removed the protection a couple of weeks later. The game wasn't really me though and much as I've tried DD just doesn't do it for me either.

Interestingly ... I went through my old GamersGate downloader - and it all went fine. Looks like the new system has some bugs still!

That is interesting. I emailed Gamersgate and they told me they were aware of the problem and would have it fixed by sometime Monday. I didn't try they're old downloader.

BD's horrible enough that I suspect it'd get few downloads even if put up on an abandonware site. 10 EUR to play a mess of bugs and badly executed ideas while listening to some of the most execrable voice-acting known to man? Ouch.

That is interesting. I emailed Gamersgate and they told me they were aware of the problem and would have it fixed by sometime Monday. I didn't try they're old downloader.

I got replies and went back and forth a bit explaining how I got it to work. They told me to try again from scratch today, and it worked fine downloaded through the website.

Back
Top Bottom