The Witcher - Review @ GameSpot

Any talk about the sex-mini game, whether positive or negative, is only for the game really. I can only imagine most people complaining just pretending to be prude.
Of course, you must know the true nature of the whole world more than I do. :) *shrugs*

True, but there is this small detail that not all of us can speak Polish. CDP should have known better and choose a better partner. From what I've been reading Atari hasn't been doing a great job in terms of advertising/distributing the game in the U.S. either.
I simply meant the direct responsibility not more than that since I feel this kind of topic goes into yet another publisher-developer discussion, which is inevitably filled with conjunctures. At least, it's not my favourite spare time.

I'm not sure I understand this comment. If Bethesda was the developer or EA the publisher, then the score would be 9+, solid American base or not (I assume you mean Americans not being familiar with Sapkowski).
Of course, I didn't mean the original nationality but the solid commercial network in America.

The game's only been out a short time, but I think it's gotten quite a bit of attention here in the U.S and at major internet sites, which shows that CDProjekt did their homework to me, in all the GC interviews, in releasing excellent pre-game trailers and coverage, etc. Games from non-US developers usually get very low levels of attention here. I need to go shopping this week, and I intend to see if it's out in some of the more mainstream locations that are less restrictive, like Target. etc.

It's early to tell just how big a game this will be here, but so far it certainly is getting a respectable level of attention. It's probably unreasonable to expect it to rock the world like Bioshock did.

Hello everybody.

It is nice to read some good news here about that game. Believe me or not, but we in Poland were waiting for that game couple years. Now I can say, that in my opinion it is a good game. Nice music, good graphic, some different ideas. I played a lot of different games, but this one positively surprised me. Good history of Geralt, importance of quest, much more than killing thousands beasts and other monsters. I feel freedom when I play it. I felt in the same way when I'd played Fallout I or II. You say sth about localization. I check Polish and a little of English version. Hmm... In our version it is definitely a game for older than 13-15 yo teenager. Much more climatic, a lot of links to our Polish political situation and connection to social problems - it is quiet humorous.
Is this game could be a some kind of bestseller? I do not think so. In Poland - yes, of course, but... As You see it is not for child, there isn't any version for PS2 and other. There was no good commercial campaign in USA (I read few fantastic news in some www site that it is FPP adventure shooter game - sic!). It is different game, little bit more complicated - it is not a kind of game with hot quickload and quicksave button. And it is good.

It is different game, little bit more complicated - it is not a kind of game with hot quickload and quicksave button. And it is good.
Really? F5 and F9 worked quite well for me. ;)

About the sales, it appears to sell relatively well in Scandinavia and the UK at least (hitting the charts as #5 or so).

Really? F5 and F9 worked quite well for me. ;)

Yes, you are right. I think about our decision in game. We do not see immediately consequences. So for this reason it is not standard F5 and F9 game. And I enjoy it, because for this reason the game is more interesting and you think little bit more about the answers.

Yes, sometimes I would swirl my computer chair around, pick up my guitar, and play for a few minutes while thinking about what course of action I would choose. I don't think I've ever had that happen before, even in MotB it's usually the normal Bioware/D&D goody-two-shoes vs evil-jerk morality you have to choose between.

LOL! I think you just discovered what the loading screens are for. It's not a bug, it's a feature!

Back
Top Bottom