Chernobyl Tour Photos

éh, it remembers me playing Stalker. Yep, really creepy.

It doesnt seem as radioactive as I would have expected.

It should look like Stalker. The guys who made it went there and posted a lot of pics from there as well. From what I've seen in the game and in photo's they did A LOT of research what it looks like there. It was eerie seeing that Ferris wheel in a real photograph.

I have to say Fallout (anyone remember that handbook in the original Fallout?)and Stalker has given me a definite education in radiation, nuclear power, Chernobyl and Pripyat. I'm not talking about from the game, but what really would happen and has happened. I don't have Stalker with me right now (it's at my new house) but I believe the collectors edition had a bonus DVD with all kinds of info on their trip there.

Here is their trip to Pripyat:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tljUIDhqkyI

Edit: I was Just looking at the photos again from your post and I have to say the creepiest were the abandoned bumper cars at the amusement park. It looks like the people that were there just vanished into thin air. They're two facing each other like someone was about to bump the other car and then just stopped in place forever. Definatly eerie.

Last edited:
That is really cool. Like you say, a little creepy, too.

Whoa, thanks for posting these. This stuff fascinates me.

Very creepy, especially the schoolroom. And I've seen chicken houses in Arkansas that looked more structurally sophisticated than that plant, but I do find it somewhat reassuring to see all the vegetation and trees growing up everywhere, none of which seemed to be mutated or glowing.

Of course, it was daytime.

Very creepy, especially the schoolroom. And I've seen chicken houses in Arkansas that looked more structurally sophisticated than that plant, but I do find it somewhat reassuring to see all the vegetation and trees growing up everywhere, none of which seemed to be mutated or glowing.

Of course, it was daytime.

One of the pictures the guy left out and posted later was a shot of a river near the plant that was literally TEEMING with huge fish, they were everywhere swimming around. I wish I could find it. Weird stuff.

Probably not something you'd want to fry up for dinner, but still nice to know that life is present in the area.

Back
Top Bottom