Planescape: Torment - Podcast Post-Mortem

woges

SasqWatch
Original Sin Donor
Podcast at Eurogamer with Chris Avellone, Colin McComb, Adam Heine and Scott Warner it's an hour long so apologies for not including too much detail. Host Robert Purchese.
Why only post-mortem new games? Why not, say, reach back in time for one of the best-loved role-playing games, try and track down the key people involved, and gather them for an hour-long chat and post-mortem?
Maybe they haven't spoken in a long time. Maybe they've got a new perspective on what they once created because of the path their life took since then. And maybe it's just nice to reminisce.
Why not, indeed. And so I present to you an hour-long Planescape: Torment post-mortem.
My guests:

• Chris Avellone, the lead designer of Planescape: Torment, and currently chief creative officer at Obsidian Entertainment
  • Colin McComb, Avellone's second, if you like - the second designer on Torment after McComb's own PlayStation Planescape game "got rolled up into it". Now commands an iPhone App company called Three Pound Games, and also writes the Oathbreaker series of fiction
  • Adam Heine, scripter on Planescape: Torment, now living in Thailand "fostering 10 billion kids" and writing science fiction and fantasy for young adults (the final post on the official Planescape: Torment website concerns Heine's departure, and it's written by...)
  • Scott Warner, then a junior designer on Planescape: Torment. Now, lead designer of Halo 4
More information.

Listening to it now. Absolutely delightful to listen to these guys talk about a classic.

For a hilarious anecdote, skip to approximately the 32 minute mark; Scott Warner shares a story about being stuffed into T-Ray's office (illustrator of Vault Boy) and T-Ray's subsequent greeting.

Last edited:
I'm gonna check out Oathbreaker. I hope it's good!

Despite how great the story and setting are in PS:T, it was a 8/10 for me at best. I just couldn't get over how boring the combat was compared to the other IE games.

combat did suck
i divide the game into 2

the sigil area part
11/10
perfection perfection perfection

the combat heavy afterpart
8/10

Back
Top Bottom