DA:O DA: which version you'll get?

Dragon Age: Origins
i dont need all the fancy stuff, i just want the game itself and hopefully a good manual. I'm goin el cheapo this time around!

.... I really shouldn't have done this... Esp. given my current financial situation.... But I have preordered 2 copies of the CE version of the game...
One from Impulse, the other, Gamestop (which I might change to Gogamer)...

My only consolation is that the delivery of the physical game won't likely be as screwed up as Risen (*still* don't have my pre-order for a game out for a week!)

I'm still waiting for mine as well, so join the club!! :)

Me three. Still waiting for the game shop to call and say they got it in. I preordered it with the owner.

I'm used to waiting a week or so after the rest of the world, but I'm surprised you guys are still waiting too.

offtopic: For European games, I trust gogamer much more. Actually I prefer gogamer to gamestop in general (with the exception of some special pre-order bonus offered only through gamestop).

My copy of Risen shipped out on 9/30 and arrived a day after...

I live a little bit further away!! :)

Where do you live Corwin?

Back to the preorders, not that I like the idea of day 0 DLCs (I don't like DLCs period), but these 3 new videos from gamespot should give those of you on the edge some motivation to order the CE version of the game.

Leth, if you look in the box to the right where it says Location, you'll see I live in Australia!! :)

Heh, I'll be honest, I usually just mentally skip over those info fields like "Location" since people tend to put silly stuff there most of the time.

That said, I always wanted to visit Australia. I was told that it is a pretty nice place to be. Besides the questionable game censorship policies that is. ;)

finally i put my money on the standard edition. Hopefully could get the DA's t-shirt for pre-ordering.

Isn't that in Europe next to Germany? :p
Actually, you start in western Kansas then ride a twister over a rainbow… ;)

I pre-ordered the standard edition. I almost never pre-order anything, there's just too much risk that some nasty bug will ruin the game. Anyway, I can get it just as fast by going to the store on release day 90% of the time. This time, though, Impulse gave me a deal. $40 was just too sweet to pass up and Bioware has never had an outright bad game.

OK ... I have gotten confused by stuff recently - does anyone know if there is a difference between the 'Deluxe Digital' Collector's Edition and the retail Collector's Edition?

most likely get the Collectors Edition myself , you get these items here in the UK :-

Dragon Age Collectors Edition features:

Plastic Collectors Box
Bonus DVD with a 'Making of' documentary, Soundtrack, Trailers, Wallpaper, Concept Art Video and Strategy tips
3 pieces of exclusive in-game content - Bergens Honour, Grimoire of the Frozen Wastes and Final Reason - PLUS Memory Band (shown below)
Unlockable ME2 in-game item: Original purchasers of DAO will receive the Blood Dragon Armour which will be usable in both DAO and ME2
The Stone Prisoner unlockable bonus quest and unlockable character, Shale

just finished my character creation and im pumped n ready to go !! , gonna be a long wait till it arrives heh heh.

I'll be getting the normal edition in the UK because I'm not impressed with that CE in any way, shape or form.

I have started putting together a grid of who is providing what in terms of CE content ... will likely do a post when Steam gets off their arse ...

Back
Top Bottom