Demon's Souls - Review @ Revolution Magazine

Has anyone here actually finished it?

Not yet sadly:

Anyway, I have also put Demon’s Soul on hold, I was 99% through the game, killed all Named Black Phantoms and all Bosses except the False King, I lost that fight whit him on 15%, because I fumbled around, and the fool drained me 6 levels, being level 140 I did not looked forward to grind for 6 hours just to regain the lost levels… I save that fore a rainy day, whit no new other games around.

No, not even close - so I accept my experience is incomplete. It's a game where I need the time to concentrate and dedicate to it, so I only play a world here and then there.

I don't have a playstation, but i may have to get one just for this game. I've heard a lot of good thingd about it. A question for those who have played the other games in the series. Can you play those on the Playstation 3?

I don't have a playstation, but i may have to get one just for this game. I've heard a lot of good thingd about it. A question for those who have played the other games in the series. Can you play those on the Playstation 3?

Demon's Souls isn't part of a series afaik, although From Software has made other RPGs on the PS1 and PS2.

All PS3s can play PS1 games, but only certain older models include PS2 emulation.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/PlayStation_3

And this keeps coming back. Every time I see a post about Demon's Souls I think I should try it, but then I remember how I hate games that make me repeat things or that don't have a good save system (specially before boss fights) and have to convince myself I don't want to play it.
But since I'm a Gamefly user, might as well put it next in the queue and see it for myself.

Ok, so I received my Demon's Souls from Gamefly yesterday… Returning it today. Definitely and absolutely not my style of game.
First, I have no idea what I'm doing. According to the intro, some demons are collecting souls, so I'm out to save them or something. So, in the tutorial I get slaughtered by a boss (guess I was supposed to die there, or I totally suck). So I get to this Nexus place and don't know what to do. I click on a 'glowie' (the only one I can click) and it sends me to some castle, again, not knowing why or what to do there. So I aimlessly wander around getting lots of souls (like 1800) and then I swing at something on stairs, kill it, but the animation moves me a bit forward and I fall to my death, losing my souls. Trying to go back there, I turn too fast and fall to my death. 1800 souls and 2 hours of my life lost. So, I try again, create a new character (mage) which is what I wanted to be, thinking now I know what to do. Repeat the above as a mage, 2200 souls later I get to the after-tutorial boss and kill it. Still not sure what I should do I continue on, on a ramp where dragons like to burn everything around. Eventually I make it to a 3rd 'shimmering gate' and a super boss with 3000 archers wham me in one second.
Nah, that did it for me. Was not having fun at all.

Ok, I thought I remembered having to start at the Nexus each time, but I'm glad that's not the case.

I found Demon's Souls to be a bit frustrating in the end, and I'm the type of guy who gets annoyed when I hear people complain that Gothic 2+NotR is too hard.

In retrospect, I think it simply might have been that particular style of difficulty that turned me off. Although to be fair, I rented it for a week, and only played it for a couple of days. I'm considering a purchase since it's only $39.99 over here now.

Has anyone here actually finished it?

i finish it 4 times, and i cant get enough, its like. you finish it, and it gets even more difficult, and you think, it can not beat me, and you finish it all over again, and it gets even more difficult, and so on and so forth, its perfect!, i love this game

Back
Top Bottom