NWN2 - Storm of Zehir Expansion Pack Revealed

A return to the original BG map system and exploration is good as far as I'm concerned. Is this going to be the same format as in 6 player generated party?

One thing I hope they return to is the 'fog of war', at least on the map. I found it annoying that I'd enter a new area, and if I looked at the map, it showed EVERYTHING.

(I'm german community representative).

You are in almost EVERY RPG-related forum, aren't you ? ;)

And yes, I remember having met you somewhere there ... ;)

They should write in the features list if it contains Beholders or not.

A return to the original BG map system and exploration is good as far as I'm concerned. Is this going to be the same format as in 6 player generated party?
The overland map seems rather more interactive than that - think old SSI games where you actually see the party travelling through the overland map, getting encounters and discovering things based on the party's skills.

They make it sound like its a sandbox game ala Morrowind/Oblivion. The question to my mind then is, does it lend itself to Mulitplayer. And if so, how many?

MP is either impossible with this kind of description or the real focus. If its the reason they are doing it it could fill the niche for PW's. I could see a dozen worlds go up based on this.

I'm glad to see Obsidian do it, I doubt a third party would have the skill or commitment for such a project.

Create your own full party of adventurers. Devastate your foes with a squad of fireball-flinging Sorcerers, form a solid wall of steel with a party of Fighters, or strike the perfect balance in your party by spreading out the classes you choose for your characters.

That's rather unexpected and a real departure for NWN--all to the good for me, assuming we have workable party AI, etc. Also seems to indicate you'd be starting at level one, also a good thing imo.

A return to the original BG map system and exploration is good as far as I'm concerned.
They make it sound like its a sandbox game ala Morrowind/Oblivion.
AFAI understand it, traveling is going to be a lot like in Fallout or Darklands, not like in the Elder Scrolls or Baldur's Gate.

Is this going to be the same format as in 6 player generated party?
It's going to be like in ToEE, you generate a party of adventurers and pick up NPCs along the way, if you feel like it.

Back
Top Bottom