This week in computer security

The updates wouldn't be so bad but everyone has their own updater. Look, Microsoft provides a perfectly workable one that they appear to be willing to let others use. You don't all need to have your own!! I had 4 of them all asking me to reboot my PC earlier this week.

I'm really starting to get sick of all of the continuous stream of software updates that are invading my life.

The solution is actually very, very simple :

Just don't connect your PC to the internet.

Problem solved.

I already do so with my "gaming PC" : I connect it only once per several weeks to the internet to check for new updates.

A PC that's not connected just can't be invaded. It's as simple as that.

But of course this requires us to re-think our internet affinity/handling, and to be more conscious about what we do.

... and to get those updates downloaded and installed FAST when you do connect.

But of course this requires us to re-think our internet affinity/handling, and to be more conscious about what we do.
Alrik, I think you'll be pleased to know that your goverment has just been caught red-handed spreading spyware. :D It features amongs other things wiretapping Skype, Email, MSN, Websurfing, audio/video recording, +++.

The security group who discovered it is not impressed by how the goverment has secured the spyware. It is apparently very easy for other malicious people to take gain control over the spyware once installed.

Last edited:
Yes, I know about this "spyware fuzz". It's extremely ... dumb, and it was almost to expect.

According to several newspaper and online articles Google and two other marketing companies managed to set cookies and/or track user's behaviour even they they did NOT want themselves to be tracked - happened with Apple's "Safari" browser.

As source is an "Wall Street Journal" mentioned.

This was found out - according to one online article - by an scientist named Jonathn Mayer from the Stanford University.

The article rather sounded as if they were wiggling around user settings.

Here is another critical update for Flash. Adobe has now changed the update procedure. It now installs a service that will keep your Flash up-to-date all the time, handling installation etc.

New in this release, Adobe requires websites that use Flash for high-performance graphics to pay license. It marks the beginning of the end of Flash. Some will cry, while most will rejoice. :) The era of Html 5 is fast approaching.

Download: Adobe Flash Player 11.2.202.228
Check: your current version

should point out that 8 million LinkedIn passwords have been compromised. Lots of free information is given out there so I'd update yours if you got one.

Back
Top Bottom