Xcom: Enemy unknown discussion

Yeah, both threads should be merged if possible. Not a big deal though.

PS: Nice video. I Hope you can turn off the quicktime cinematics. Will aliens attack your bases and can you defend them like in the original? Odd that they shifted the plane of your base to vertical from the purely horizontal.

I will probably also want to turn off the cinematics after a while. I can see that getting really old.

I hope they can get the feel of the combat right. I remember the terror of chryssalids coming around a corner during the enemy turn and wiping out a soldier in one blow. Good times...

I must say that I loved the vertical "ant farm" look of the base.

Looks very interesting. They don't seem to have lost track of what's important in X-Com, which is encouraging.

In semi-related news, I hit the UFO:ET2 website briefly and noticed that the release is now shown as Q4, 2012. That's another significant delay. Don't know whether Chaos Concepts is horrible at creating a schedule or horrible at keeping to one, but they've definitely got some issues. That said, the numerous delays on UFO:ET1 proved worthwhile as the release was very polished and (AFAIK) actually bug-free, so hopefully the similar path produces a similar result.

No actual gameplay, but some solid hints toward the gameplay. The comments just make me sad, tho. The console kiddies are assuming it's an fps. One dipwad called it an ME3 ripoff. I realize it's easier to know the past when you were around back then, but these clueless numbnuts need to learn some history and stay the hell off my lawn.

"Also, Interception only takes five to 10 seconds. I don't want five to 10 seconds of gameplay to ruin hours and hours of strategic planning."
Huh? Interception should be affected by your strategic planning such as placing bases, plus outfitting and building interceptors… :/

I'll wait to hear a bit of feedback from other members first, but I'm looking at probably purchasing within the first week.

Back
Top Bottom