City of Abandoned Ships - Review @ Gamepyre

magerette

Hedgewitch
Gamepyre posts a review for Russian developer Seaward.ru's installment in the Age of Pirates series, Age of Pirates 2: City of Abandoned Ships, giving it a lot of panning but a composite positive score of 73/100.
Here's a snip from the conclusion:
With a good chance for failure on your part during missions, mediocre sound and graphics and not the smoothest controls on the market, usually I would say 'stay away from this title'. But there is something else about this game. It draws you in. It opens up the waters like no game has done before...This is just one of those games that I can't say whether I recommend it or not. Part of me wants to say stay away from this title while the other part of me wants to babble silly pirate lingo towards you... As I said, the addicted part of me loves this game, but the reviewer part of me absolutely hates it.
More information.

Didn't read the whole article but saw enough snippets to determine that I won't be playing this game. I appreciate the honesty and fairness of the reviewer. That's a pretty rare trait of a reviewer these days.

Did anyone actually play this game? I can handle subpar graphics and sound and even the difficulty of the game. Those seem to be his biggest lowpoints about the game. Other than that he seems pretty addicted to it.

Let me know what you think about the game.

Back
Top Bottom