Fallout: New Vegas - Dead Money Reviews @ IGN and Eurogamer

aries100

SasqWatch
The IGN 6.5/10 review talks about some nasty bugs, they've met while playing this DLC.
Typical of Fallout games, there are performance issues and game-breaking bugs that seriously detract from the experience. There's also a random difficulty spike halfway through that can be really frustrating. The game switches from a stealth focus to combat-heavy, but with such limited ammo and supplies, fighting off waves and waves of overly aggro ghosts isn't much fun.
The review at Eurogamer 7/10 talks about a frustrating experience while gaming; quantity over quality is offered, they think. Here's a snippet where they talk about how the game's elements become annoying:
All these elements are used to herd you along, but they can become annoying – particularly when their use combines with the maze-like streets of the villa exterior. Having less than ten seconds to locate and destroy a radio before your head explodes is exciting the first few times, but by the end it's become a chore and one that reduces one of Fallout's greatest pleasures – exploration – to a frustrating save-and-reload routine.
More information.

Well, so far, the reviews tell me I'm lucky the DLC was only available for XBOX and I am a PC only player. Too bad.. (sigh) Please Bethesda, don't convert it to PC on my account, I won't be downloading this unless it's free and I have way too much free time on my hands.

Im sure this add-on is much more enjoyable played with the original game. And on PC the way FPS are ment to be played.

Can anyone tell me what's up with the ghosts that fire laser beams out of their heads? I saw the trailer for this and everything looked great except for that.

I haven't played it but I think those might be security holograms.

Looking at fanforums like NMA, the response is a bit different from the users who played it. Some really like the additional challenge, the fact that you have to play slower in many ways in order to avoid traps, making use of Science to shut down certain enemies (I guess the holograms) and so forth.

I think it sounds pretty cool myself. I can see how that type of gameplay could get frustrating it overdone of course but I kinda like the sound of most of it.

Back
Top Bottom