South Park - Pre-Purchase Now on Steam

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Steam announces that you can now pre-order South Park: The Stick of Truth.

South Park™: The Stick of Truth™ is Now Available for Pre-Purchase on Steam!

From the perilous battlefields of the fourth-grade playground, a young hero will rise, destined to be South Park’s savior. From the creators of South Park, Trey Parker and Matt Stone, comes an epic quest to become… cool. Introducing South Park™: The Stick of Truth™.

All Pre-Purchases also include the "Ultimate Fellowship" Pack with four exclusive Stick of Truth costumes that come equipped with special abilities. Suit up as the Necromancer Sorcerer to increase your fire damage, earn extra gold by equipping the Rogue Assassin outfit, deal extra weapon damage with the Ranger Elf costume, or raise your defense with the Holy Defender outfit. The choice is yours, New Kid. Seize the Kingdom of South Park!
More information.

Last edited:
Yea yea... Any word on uPlay "rewards" like bonus NPCs, items and dungeons?

Is the show that this game is based on, still on TV? I used to hear South Park stuff all the time but it hasn't seemed to be relevant for a while. Of course, I don't watch much TV at all, outside the occasional professional baseball/American football game. I might watch the Super Bowl; mostly for the commercials. I have a hunch this is gonna bomb big time, but I hope it doesn't hurt Project Eternity.

South Park is still on TV and the writers did the story and voices for the game. If you like the show, I expect those parts of the game to be well done. If Obsidian can tie the game mechanics in well I think it will do fine.

Ah man, this is ubisoft? That means uplay crap? Ug. I was already thinking I almost never pay $60 for games anymore and was debating even though I've been waiting forever for this game to finally release (and still won't believe any date til it DOES release).

I think I'll be holding off until it goes on sale unless the reviews are out of this world. Paying to suffer thru stuff like uplay or ea logins is meh. I already have to do uplay for some other games but it's just tedious and lame and developers that do this kind of crap shouldn't be supported (when they distribute thru steam or similar services - it's not so bad if you buy direct from them, I guess, and aren't already effectively running a launcher and online drm).

Well in this case the developers didn't have a choice. When THQ went under, Ubisoft bought the rights to publish this game. I avoided U-play like the plague till this last winter sale and I haven't had issues with it so far but I'm not a fan of having to use it in conjunction with Steam.

Well in this case the developers didn't have a choice. When THQ went under, Ubisoft bought the rights to publish this game. I avoided U-play like the plague till this last winter sale and I haven't had issues with it so far but I'm not a fan of having to use it in conjunction with Steam.

Yes it's terrible if they combine several DRM systems, as if one wasn't enough. This way the game probably uses 3 times the resources it would without. :p

And despite all that DRM, I guarantee that the game will be cracked and distributed DRM-free within hours of its release. When will publishers learn? If only you stopped treating your paying customers like would-be pirates, you'd probably have a lot more paying customers.

Hmm, release is 6th of March? I wasn't expecting that. Fits quite nicely given the delay of Divinity.

Just preordered it on greenmangaming.
Why? Received a newsletter with personal -25% voucher.
So if you want to preorder it, still didn't and you bought something on GMG before, check your e-mails! Instead of 40€, I just payed 30€.

Ah man, this is ubisoft? That means uplay crap?

Yea yea… Any word on uPlay "rewards" like bonus NPCs, items and dungeons?

No, it was announced some time ago that it wouldnt use uplay.

Still not gonna preorder. If it ends up being some completely linear crap count me out.

It doesn't use uPlay but Steam instead ? What kind of weird logic is that ???

Steam is lesser evil and besides doesn't go down easily like uplay servers do.

Back
Top Bottom