Two Worlds II - Archery Video @ Two Worlds Vault

AUTO-AIM!? Even when the auto-aim was off, you just point the cross-hair at what you want dead and shoot. It's like shooting a laser! I'm not impressed at all.

The consoles must have auto-aim because of their unprecise controls ;)

Looked alright.. i wasnt expecting an archery simulator anyways, looks like in most/all other RPG's.

Eh? A 3D role playing game with archery auto-aim? Seems to me like most of them require you to aim above the target. Quite a bit above for long distances. It took awhile to master but it was a lot of fun once you did. But yeah, I doubt I could do it with cosole controlls. Yet another feature lost to those old klunker console systems. {sigh}

Edit: Wait a second - how did archery work on the XBox for Oblivion? That definitely required shooting along an arch.

Gothic and Gothic II don't have manual aiming either.

I'm getting anxious for this game. Although, that video didn't impress me very much. I'm glad to hear they have manual as well. Is there a first person mode with this game? Or is it only 3rd person? I would like to have the option.

Gothic and Gothic II don't have manual aiming either.

Yes, but is hitting your target in TW2 going to be based on the skill of your character?

You don't automatically hit your opponents in Gothic 1/2, and you have to invest a significant amount of points in archery for it to be effective.

I bet the damage is based on the skill of your character, would be very strange otherwise ;)

For free aim i hope you can make more damage (locational damage) otherwise it would be kind of useless if autoaim hits every time. I think they're holding back too much info about this game sometimes :/ for most RPG'ers this is more important than to know the specifics of their graphics engine.

Back
Top Bottom