Pillars of Eternity - Post-Funding Update #72

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Obsidian has posted the next post-funding update for Pillars of Eternity with more information on stretch goals, game art, surveys, and the expected ship date.

Death Godlike and Expected Ship Date

For this update, we've got some awesome new character, area, and concept art that we're excited to show. However, before we get to the art, we wanted to officially update everyone that we are looking good to release Eternity by Winter 2014. So, look forward to getting your hands on Pillars of Eternity later this year.

Stretch Goals

After much discussion and consideration of the poll on our forums we have decided not to pursue any additional stretch goals. Rest assured that the team is working hard on completing the game and including our current stretch goals.

Surveys

Our designers are working hard to implement the designs that our higher tiered backers have come up with. If you have a survey that needs to be filled out, please do so by March 31st. It's important that you get your surveys completed by the deadline because we are closing in on Alpha quickly. The team needs ample time to get your content into the game. We can't guarantee your in-game contribution will make it into the game if you are late. This includes inn/tavern designs, adventurer party designs, portraits, NPCs, and items/weapons, so make sure you get your idea in before the deadline! You can fill out your surveys on our Backer Portal after you've finished managing your pledge. They can be found on your account page under the Surveys tab.
More information.

I don't understand the release date estimation at all. They're saying that contributions must be done by March 31st, so they can be included in the alpha, yet the release is.. winter? What? The winter of 2014 is over by March 31st. If it's next winter, it'll be the winter of 2015. Or maybe he's referring to December 2014?

I don't understand the release date estimation at all. They're saying that contributions must be done by March 31st, so they can be included in the alpha, yet the release is.. winter? What? The winter of 2014 is over by March 31st. If it's next winter, it'll be the winter of 2015. Or maybe he's referring to December 2014?

I expect it will be sometime between September-December as that is Winter 2014. I know it gets confusing as seasons are different depending on were you live.

This means they have at least eight more months of development time. It will make a nice X-mas present if it doesn't get delayed to 2015.^^

Last edited:
I expect it will be sometime between September-December as that is Winter 2014. I know it gets confusing as seasons are different depending on were you live.

This means they have at least eight more months of development time. It will make a nice X-mas present if it doesn't get delayed to 2015.^^

LOL I read it to mean sometime Nov-Dec, possibly even Jan, which would make it 2015. But hell, who's counting?

Liked the fact about the wild form of the druid being an anthropomorphized animal and not a plain normal animal, like the D&D druid. Remembers the werewolf druid kit from BG2

Liked the fact about the wild form of the druid being an anthropomorphized animal and not a plain normal animal, like the D&D druid. Remembers the werewolf druid kit from BG2

Yes, I do too. The Earth god-like art was pretty good as well, although it might look a little odd on a guy (he says, stereotypically).

Don't forget the game will be Beta tested before release as well. Also they may not take all contributions as is, meaning they may need to get into contact with people to work out changes. Before they get into contact with people though, they will need to read through all contributions and see if any are either in conflict with each other or with their game design.

Another game delayed, no big surprise but I'm starting to think 2015 will be the great year everyone was expecting 2014 to be.

Back
Top Bottom