The ever-popular "Currently Listening" thread

Oh yes, let the shoegaze onslaught resume. LET THERE BE LINKS!

Started checking in on all the MySpace pages I used to track and saw this song posted. Too good not to share.
"Stardust" by An April March

AlrightI I've missed my shoegaze fix. :) This band seems a bit more ominous sounding than some. Liked the "This is" track.

way to start of the return of your postings dte with the best shoegaze band!

yes magerette "this is" is a favourite of mine as well, off of my favourite album of theirs as well "it goes without saying". i still hold out hope of some day getting a hold of the "impatiens" album.

I always like a good flower title. (impatiens is a shade loving annual in a medley of hot and soft pinks, fuschias, lavenders, and magentas.) :)

To hark back to Mike's David Bowie image--during my internet scouring voyages today,I ran across this little editorial and music clip about Ashes to Ashes. Nice flashback to a wierd part of our lives. :)

thanks magerette, thats one of my favourite bowie songs (i actually saw the original video for the first time earlier this year). 250,000 pounds to make the music video? good lord thanks a lot of tea and biscuits!

ariel pink and his buddy together under the moniker "holy shit" do such a good cover of ashes to ashes its hard for me to tell the difference almost.
http://www.veryholyshit.com/songs.html

the "im your bully"track is the tops for me.

Catching up on the stuff my work buddy has done while I was sans PC. Excellent quality for a one man show in a backyard shed. I got fired as his keyboard sit-in once he realized I had zero creativity. I will take a little credit for reminding him of the joys of reverb. He's a little too much of a rocker to turn into a gazer, but I can nudge a little. ;) Movie/TV soundtrack fodder all around. I particularly like:
"disables tailor" by Dewayne Dobson

After 45 minutes debating with Prime Junta, I find I have the

Apolitical Blues.

It's the meanest blues of all.

That's why I don't discuss politics - I know I'm always right :gorath:.
In the meantime, I dedicate this song to all those who enjoy squabbling over politics (or other emotionally laden topics, for that matter):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwYjKwtYT68

@magerette: a nice find!

I decided to try the new Amazon MP3 store thing and grabbed Joni Mitchell's "Shine", her new one. It is just out this week, and is honestly her best stuff since the amazing jazz-flavored stuff of the 70's.

That's why I don't discuss politics - I know I'm always right :gorath:.
In the meantime, I dedicate this song to all those who enjoy squabbling over politics (or other emotionally laden topics, for that matter):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EwYjKwtYT68

Not just a music clip, but theater! I enjoyed that, Jaz. :) Is that Goth stuff or something else?

@HiddenX--also nice clips--good to see a chick singer that doesn't look like a meth freak :).

Not quite :). It's my favorite song (or songs, as the Beef Construction Song is included) from the 1974 Brian de Palma movie "Phantom of the Paradise", a Rocky-Horror-like musical comedy about an evil record producer and an unlucky composer. A quite silly mixture of Phantom of the Opera, Faust and Dorian Gray which features many in-movie stage shows, in this case the musical 'Faust' written by the ripped-off composer...
'Somebody Super Like You' by the in-film band 'Undead' is more or less an Alice Cooper spoof - other songs are different, ranging from Rock'n'Roll to Beach Sound to... whatever. The music is by Paul Williams who also featured as the evil, unaging producer Swan.
I guess that by now you already know it's one of my favorite musical movies :)...
I recorded the soundtrack on tape while sitting in front of the TV set back in the early 80s, managed to get hold of the soundtrack CD only two weeks ago, and discovered yesterday that all song clips from the movie are available on Youtube.

'This Corrosion' is my favorite Sisters song as well, mainly because it screams 'Jim Steinman'. Actually... um... I don't like the Sisters because my brother played their records 24/7 when we shared a flat (call it an overdose), but I love Steinman's stuff.

New song from Tearwave!!! John's doing some pretty complicated drumming on this one, at least compared to what I'm used to.

"Comfort in Angel's Wings"

Last edited:
@ dte--your link is broken for me in FF

@Jaz: Thanks for the explanation. Obviously, I don't get out much. ;)

Still listening to Little Feat:

Fat Man in the Bathtub

Back
Top Bottom