NWN2 - v1.23 Released

it's good they've been working on improvements for that long. nothing that would really change things here, but focusing on so many details is still remarkable.
________
Caribbean Cooking

Last edited:
Infinite items in stores should no longer lose focus after purchasing.
Well it is a little improvement in term of user friendly,but no much.And it is amzing it take them so much time to realize it.
The loading time still not decrease.

it's good they've been working on improvements for that long. nothing that would really change things here, but focusing on so many details is still remarkable.

Wait, doesn't this update include the auto-downloader for online play? That in itself is a huge addition

exactly - this is the autodownloader patch. this is big news after 7 years of NWN.

a few people have posted patch notes and listed 2da changes that weren't mentioned. I'll get the links later.

---

same notes as the beta it seems as dhruin said
http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=674293&forum=109

a quirk in the notes
· Mass Blindness will now only effect enemies on hardcore difficulty setting.
· Mass Deafness will now only effect enemies on hardcore difficulty setting.
· Mass Curse of Impending Blades will now only effect enemies on hardcore difficulty setting.
· Mass Reduce Person will no longer affect enemies.

probably replace "enemies" with "allies". someone probably did a find and replace and forgot about those.

all the _X2.mod files were changed, possibly to fix some specific SoZ bugs

rpgplayer1 noted:

It should be noted that patch notes doesn't mention all 2DA files that are modified. Following files are missing in readme:

NWN2:
des_crft_mat.2da
des_crft_scroll.2da
des_crft_spells.2da
visualeffects.2da

MotB:
des_crft_scroll.2da (added)
des_crft_spells.2da (added)
visualeffects.2da

SoZ:
des_crft_scroll.2da
des_crft_spells.2da
visualeffects.2da

Also, feat.2da is not changed in patch!!!
Beta 1.23 did had new column, but this one does not.

the last bit has been confirmed by other users and it was discvered simply adding a column header and placing a 1 on the row will make it work. the other rows can remain empty surprisingly!

Last edited:
Cool news ... I love how they keep supporting this!

That bit about infinite items in stores is great news, that has been driving me nuts lately.

I think this patch also fixes Mordenkainen's Disjunction so that it can be used on a single target as well as as an AoE. Which is a pretty big fix (and very overdue). Might fire up MotB and try it out on some of those early fights against Red Wizards.

Great to see a premier title still getting updates so long after being released. This is one of the few major crpgs that I actually haven't played yet, despite purchasing the OC and MotB when each was released.

Back
Top Bottom