Baldur's Gate EE - Pulled at Atari's Request

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
According to a quote from Trent Oster on GameInformer we now have official confirmation that Atari is behind the request.

Beamdog suddenly removed the game from its own site and the App Store citing a legal issue with a publishing partner. While CEO Trent Oster told us that there's not much more he can say on the matter, he did reveal that it was at the request of Atari's legal team that the actions were taken.

"At the request of Atari legal we removed the game from sale on Beamdog and the App stores," Oster explained. "Atari is still selling the game through their channels. We're trying to remedy the situation and I'm hopeful we can come to an arrangement."
More information.

Last edited:
Oh, what a surprise. Where is my LawyerBasher +3 when I need it the most? :(

Atari are doing what they can to retain their popular public image ;)

Other than publishing the Witcher games, I can't think of anything positive Atari has done in nearly a decade.

I'm sure it's because they still sell it in Germany (in an "Anthology" package) and don't want their selling to be crippled.

Try first to create a top-notch BG:EE that scores 90-95% on most sites, than complain dear Beamdog.

Try first to create a top-notch BG:EE that scores 90-95% on most sites, than complain dear Beamdog.

Yeah, because an update of a 15 year old game is going to receive scores of 90-95% on most sites. That's a reasonable expectation. :rolleyes:

Atari are doing what they can to retain their popular public image ;)
Only for 22 days from now, then it's over and we don't have to mind any longer. Okay, just as long as it takes wrapping up this whole insolvency process.
I'm sure it's because they still sell it in Germany (in an "Anthology" package) and don't want their selling to be crippled.
All european publishing of Atari titles is handled by third-party distributors. Atari withdrew from the European market in 2009, when they were selling all there distribution subsidiaries (or shutting them down). Atari is also earning money with BG:EE. The steam release is totally under their control, that's the reason it didn't get pulled like the Beamdog and iOS versions.

Despite valiant efforts, our heroes were laid low by the slaps of flimsy parchment and much suffering was spread upon the gamer's realms. Thus didst yon barristers pontificate at great length amidst much gnashing of teeth.

Despite valiant efforts, our heroes were laid low by the slaps of flimsy parchment and much suffering was spread upon the gamer's realms. Thus didst yon barristers pontificate at great length amidst much gnashing of teeth.

Hear ye! Hear ye!

I thinked Hasbro had recovered all the rights regarding the IE games…

So did I. Seems there was still a legal hellhole somewhere in there.

I can hear it now on my shopping cart when I hit the purchase button:

"You must gather your party before venturing forth."

Hmm. It's on sale -75% on Steam right now. Wonder if they resolved this or what? Or is it just the IOS version where there is a problem?

Hmm. It's on sale -75% on Steam right now. Wonder if they resolved this or what? Or is it just the IOS version where there is a problem?

According to PC gamer:

"Strangely, you can still pick BG:EE up from Steam. Whether it’s due to be taken down is unclear, but the Steam release was handled by Atari instead of Beamdog, and so received no direct support."

Back
Top Bottom