Writing for RPGWatch

If you need retrospectives, especially of shareware or indie, I could help out. I'll just start writing articles about anything I play and you can pick and choose whether to post or not. Folks who are not native English writers, who wish to submit articles, could use me to proofread too. You could just email my forum nick to yahoo and I'd give it a once over.

Same here.

Did RPGWatch have a review of BG:EE? I'm about to pick it up again, wouldn't mind writing up my feelings on it.

I could look at Consortium if you like. I couldn't compare it to Bioshock or Mass Effect though, because I haven't played those. I'd be comparing it to System Shock 2, if anything at all. Maylander plays many games very quickly and would be a good source if he's interested.

I bought the Gog version of Baldur's Gate, so I could play that game if you'd like a couple of retrospectives based on version. I never have finished Baldur's Gate as something else came along the first time I played it and I never went back. I'd be fresh eyes there. I remember I romanced Aerie and wanted to kill whiny Jaheira. I have never played BGII very far either as I hated all the contingencies and counter spells of that game. Let me know.

Consortium is being dealt with by CrazyIrish (first one to respond).

We did not have a review of BG:EE, feel free to write about it. We would like running it.

Having a retrospective on BG would be great, especially if it can be published close to the BG:EE review.

Feel free to throw me any other article you think is worth it. If it isn't I'll let you know:)

Where do I send the interview? I'll get it to you this weekend.

Cool. Send it to me by mail. It's my name at RPGWatch.

I'll start playing Baldur's Gate this weekend. Since I'm not recently familiar with the game, I'm sure it will take me longer to play through than it will with b-ninja. Blatant if you have a guesstimate about how much time it will take for your EE review, I'll try to get something ready for a retrospective in the same time frame.

Okay, so weekend got totally messed up and didn't get to start Baldur's Gate. Ninja, let me know if you plan on doing a write-up on BG-EE. I can start BG-Gog this week sometime if you are.

Some of the posters who have 5,000 plus posts should join. D'art, JDR13, Dte, etc. There should be more than enough folks to make up any slack that the editors can't handle.

If I can find it again, then I could re-post my review on Age Of Wonders 3 (I think it was) I had written so many years ago for RPGDot.com Hopefully I'm still copyright holder of my article and not some company guy who bought the Dot later. :D

Some of the posters who have 5,000 plus posts should join. D'art, JDR13, Dte, etc. There should be more than enough folks to make up any slack that the editors can't handle.
Don't confuse quantity with quality. ;)

While I probably possess the necessary skills, the sad fact is that over the past three years I've only really played one game- DDO. In that time:
Started Eschalon2, loved it, never finished it.
Started Grimrock, loved it, made it as far as level 3
Started Witcher1 for the nth time, emjoyed it, never made it past the first village
Played the crap out of Plants vs Zombies and finished several times
Did finish Bioshock2, on easy, played for the atmosphere and not much else
Played the crap out of Puzzle Quest 1, Galaxia, and 2

When I look in the mirror and get brutally honest with myself, I've become...a casual gamer. :blush:

Okay, so weekend got totally messed up and didn't get to start Baldur's Gate. Ninja, let me know if you plan on doing a write-up on BG-EE. I can start BG-Gog this week sometime if you are.

Whew - I'm glad I'm only in the 2k+ category. Even Myrth don't qualify as he holds his 3k post above us mere mortals.

Don't confuse quantity with quality. ;)

While I probably possess the necessary skills, the sad fact is that over the past three years I've only really played one game- DDO. In that time:
Started Eschalon2, loved it, never finished it.
Started Grimrock, loved it, made it as far as level 3
Started Witcher1 for the nth time, emjoyed it, never made it past the first village
Played the crap out of Plants vs Zombies and finished several times
Did finish Bioshock2, on easy, played for the atmosphere and not much else
Played the crap out of Puzzle Quest 1, Galaxia, and 2

When I look in the mirror and get brutally honest with myself, I've become…a casual gamer. :blush:

Deets - what about that last UFO?

In the same vein I could probably do a smacking review on Civ4. Since NWN2 made that franchise stupid its pretty much the only thing I've played other than FICS Chess. One of these days I'll be better than "Prince" on it.

DTE, I have to be honest, I have not been able to finish a lot of games lately neither. I did recently play through Bioshock Infinite. Like you with Bioshock 2, I played on easy for the story! However, when I do get sucked into a game, I always play it every free second until it's done. I did that with the Mass Effect trilogy. I think I could give W2 or D: OS a good write up!

Lucky's interview with Bob McCabe on his work on Neverwinter Nights is online.
Thanks Lucky Day!

I always finish the games I begin, but studies have been rough on me for the past year. Summer looks better though, so if there's a space for articles then I might be able to write a few pages. I may not be a native English writer, but I still spell better than your average codex member.

DTE, you could always write about our DDO adventures just so long as you remember to leave all the staff members out of them!! I'd hate to have to edit your work!!!! :)

Might be cheesy, but I'd like to thank all those who are taking the time to write stuff for the watch or looking into doing so in the future. I've been coming "here" for news since before the "move" to The Watch and for a little while now I wished there was more "activity" on the site. More reviews and article will help bring new faces/voices to this place and that can't be bad :)

I would love to write stuff and contribute, but I am just about the least concise person you could think of...and that usually never makes for fun to read articles :p...So I'm really glad to see people stepping up heh!

Deets - what about that last UFO?
UFO:Extraterrestrials1 goes back more than a few years, but I did finish that one off a couple times. UFO:ET2 hasn't come out yet. The X-Com reboot looked great, but my dusty old rig can't handle it. I have high hopes to get a new rig this summer, but we'll have to see how the finances hold up between now and then.

It's so bad, I haven't even finished a Wiz8 run in a couple years. How sad is that...

Better to have a few articles than a lot of articles with bad quality ( read a lot of other gaming websites )

Back
Top Bottom