The Witcher 2 - v2.0 Review @ TPG

Dhruin

SasqWatch
The Witcher 2 v2.0 has been reviewed at TruePCGaming:
The Witcher 2 is the best RPG I’ve played in a long time. It has the most extensive non-linear story I have ever seen in a game and one of the most complex and fun combat systems. It is an experience that all gamers should have, there is so much to do, so much to see, so much fun to be had. The game recently dropped in price to $40 from $50 so you really have no excuse not to. The game took about 36 hours to complete and that was a run in which I tried to avoid my instinct to take every single side quest I could. Doing the side quests would easily double that time, and the game receives regular updates which in addition to fixes, add new content to the game.
More information.

Oh,yeah The Witcher 2. It is a really good RPG. Well,better than the other Rpg's this year. Despite a few stability issues(even the patches did not help much).
But somehow The Witcher 2 is not even close to the glorious and epic Witcher 1.
At least I feel that way.
TW1 was more deep and mystical. It was dark and more serious game than TW2. The character's were more interesting. There where much more and interesting quest's.There was a normal inventory! Clearly they putted heart and soul to TW1. Much more work and effort.
Now,don't get me wrong. And attack me :) I like TW2. Specially the chapter 1 & 2.
After the second chapter it feels a little rushed to the end.
In graphics it kicks ass. It is gorgeous and appealing to the eye.
The main story is also very good and complex(some twists and turns).
I liked the gameplay. Combat is fun(sometimes little annoying).
So, yes it is a fresh new and modern witcher :)
But in the end. CD Project kept the spirit of the game which is the most important thing. -Unlike Bioware's DA2!(for example)-
So, BIG RESPECT to CD Project Team!!!

Is 3d vision working in this game now. Getting a 3d monitor next month when 3d vision 2 comes out. I played chapter 1 then heard about version 2.0 coming out so I shelved it then when that came out I decided to wait for 3d.

From what I heard 3D works and is glorious.

Like the game itself.

Also, TruePC Gaming it pretty awesome site, they have lots of indie interviews and stuff.

Back
Top Bottom