Dragon Age - v1.01b Patch

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Lurking Grue let us know that a v1.01b patch has been released for Dragon Age. The patch notes are the same as the first v1.01 patch - bar the addition of the last two items. This is only designed for those that had trouble getting DA to start after applying the v1.01a patch:

• fixed potential corruption of character statistics
  • fixed portrait appearance sliders when importing a character from the downloadable Character Creator
  • fixed import for preset face settings from the downloadable Character Creator
  • made Easy difficulty easier
  • slightly increased attack, defense, and damage scores for all party members at Normal difficulty
  • fixed video issues when running on a very wide screen display, including ATI Eyefinity displays
  • fixed an issue with Dragon Age and Windows Game Explorer
  • updated Visual C runtime libraries
According to Lurking Grue, some users are still reporting on the forums the game won't start after applying this update.
More information.

Don't forget, this is just an updated version of the first patch.

Easy should be easy. I've seen plenty of people saying easy is still "hard", which it shouldn't be. Anyone who really wants a challenge (as opposed to seeing the sights and meeting the characters) should be on normal, surely.

I got video lagging and stuttering conversation with this patch, that and a constant 100% cpu spike. And it seems that I'm far from being the only one, from what I can read on Bioware's tech support forum. So, I uninstalled it and everything's fine again. Go figure.

If people think the game is to easy there is a mod that adds a nightmare difficulty.

Yeah, I find easy mode in Dragon Age to be frustratingly punishing. I get wiped by normal mobs on a regular basis and fighting bosses are just annoying. Easy mode shouldn't make you reload a dozen times for a single fight.

I might be a bad gamer, my team might not be optimal etc. But the fact of the matter is that I'm just not having as good a time as I could have.

I think easy should still provide *some* challenge, otherwise, why have all the stats, equipment, spells, talents, etc. if not? basically I guess some people want 'easy' to just remove all combat, make it a '3D picture' they can walk around in.

Wow that's quite the backlash. I had trouble as well early on and I'm a veteran of this stuff. Trust me it gets quite a bit easier later on especially if you concentrate on magic development. I died perhaps twice in the area mentioned above (the whole area, not just the boss battle) and one of those was because I stupidly ran into a major ambush. Magic magic and did I mention magic? Everything else in this game takes a back seat really.

I'm only 12th level, but I agree with the mages, mages everywhere philosophy. My main is a mage and I have Morrigan. I haven't found the healer mage yet, but I've got a mod that allows you to custom train your followers and I plan on giving her at least one full rank (4 skills) of combat magic. I'll let her save the rest for healing. I haven't dropped down to easy on a fight yet, but I've chosen not to engage certain battles until I'm higher level.

Back
Top Bottom