Pricewatch!

Ya know, I played the demo, and just started up building forces without reading the rules, and really didn't understand it. After about 15 minutes of this with nothing much happening I lost interest. After WC3 I am shy of RTS's, although I like their concept….

The background story in Supreme Commander wasn't anything spectacular, but it's better than the average RTS game imo. I liked the fact that you could actually have several hundred units battling at any given time. It's definitely *nothing* like WC3. In fact, it's the polar opposite.

I remember playing C&C 3 immediately after SC, and losing interest because of how small and insignificant the battles seemed in comparison.

*Edit*
Here's a gameplay video that does a decent job of showing its sense of scale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QJPlrMwW3kg&feature=related

Last edited:
Yeah I've seen the scale, and that's what grabs me. But how much of it is mechanical building up of forces? Just seemed boring at the start....

The first few levels of each campaign are fairly slow, which gives the game a gentle learning curve. Later levels pick up a lot faster though, and you'll be attacked almost immediately in some of them.

I'm definitely excited about gog getting Outcast, but I'm going to wait for some feedback on the gog forums before I buy it. Specifically, I want to know if they fixed all the problems it has with modern systems.

The only game that ever got close to the stargate (movie) feeling!

Wasn't there a patch available for higher resolution though?

It's worth more - because it's needed to play the Ultima 5 remake. ;)

King's Bounty 1 and 2 together for $14.99 at Impulse. If you don't have any of them, what are you waiting for!?

All the Guild Wars stuff is 50% off on Steam right now. Finally drunk the GW koolaid on the Game of the Year ed for $9.99. Me n tigress will be giving it a go this weekend.

ONce anything hit's 9.99, if I'm even remotely interested it's almost a slam dunk sell for them. I need to work on that

Back
Top Bottom