Backlog Slackers Anonymous - name my game

Do you think I can play whatever game Joxer picks for me to the end?

• I have faith in thee, Sammy. Godspeed

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Hell no, youre too much of a slacker. As if you could

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Im flattered that youd just give me a game and DLC, this thread is to work on my backlog - not throw another game on the pile!
Best ROFL in a long time! "Pick a game from my list to play" and Joxer promptly buys him another game to put on the list. Very well played Joxer! (You should have taken him up on it, too, Sammy - that's a very good game even if it does come from the end days of the "lego people" graphics era.)

Maybe you should just have a poll of the games you've got and we all can pick from the list of… oh… dear God Sammy… well, there are no games that begin with J, I guess that's a start…

I would vote for The Witcher. When you finish that, wait a couple of months then play Witcher 2. Once that's done, Witcher 3 should be coming out. You'll be current!

Vampire: The Masquerade: Bloodlines (not the GOG one) is also… no, no, gotta stick with just 1. Play the Witcher. Try not to wince too much at the whole card collection thing. Play it or I'll post a list of all the games you own twice! ;)

Wow, and I thought my 30 game backlog from summer sales was bad. I hope Planescape is just there as part of the collection and not the backlog.

30 game backlog? That was what people had before games became cheap as dirt :p

Anyway, if you actually want to feel good about yourself, and move a few games into your "beaten" category, while still not playing bad games, I would recommend either Shadowrun (~10-12h), Legend of Grimrock (~10-15h), Hotline Miami (~3-4h), Spec Ops: The Line (~6-8h) or The Walking Dead (~10h)

I would vote for The Witcher. When you finish that, wait a couple of months then play Witcher 2. Once that's done, Witcher 3 should be coming out. You'll be current!

Nope, I've played thru the Witcher 3x, and Witcher II only once (which is more than enough).

Deus Ex does sound good, but like I said: at the end of the day this is about progress!

I'm anxious to see what Dart picks...

Last edited:
Glad to see I'm not the only one with a pretty big backlog….Makes me feel somewhat better :p.

I would go with King's Bounty personally, easy to get into and quite fun. There's a ton of other games that I would like but I figure that its no help if I give you 20 names.

…I can't resist naming another one though, if you do have Space Rangers somewhere else (GoG, GG or whatever else) then that would be my pick. But if you don't have it then my advice is King's Bounty :)

Im looking forward to hearing what Dart says as well heh.

Oh that reminds me, my steam username is Galaad97 if anyone wants to add me. Feel free. Is there such a thing as a Rpgwatch group on there?

From that list?

Skyrim (with SkyRe mod) - or Dragon Age Origins.

Cool, ill add you Galaad We do need a 'Watch presence on Steam.

Dart - i played DA:O to death, but i got about quarter thru main quest on Skyrim, when i got so dogpiled by sidequests and into mucking around i just burnt out. So i guess it's Skyrim, which im excited about because it's an awesome game and I meant to finish it. I'll post my Dunmer Assassin stuff here soon and get crackin'!
Thanks!

Im surprised so far, i was thinking i was going to get recommended some old crusty Might and Magic or Ultima. Maybe next time…

Last edited:
I've started Skyrim twice already, but I never get too far. I think it's just not for me. Sure it has gorgeous vistas, but I don't care much about the combat. I don't know what it is, I don't like slasher combat too much so I always play caster, for some reason I found playing a caster much more fulfilling in the previous games than it is in Skyrim.

I feel the same. I either want to be using ranged combat or range magic. Constantly losing/restoring hP is not a particularly entertaining way to play, I'd rather just not get hit at all. There's some melee gonna be going on no matter what you do, but I'd rather it not be the majority combat.

Skyrim certainly had it's problems when I was playing it, i hope that they've ironed some of them out by now. Dual-wield in particular was sketchy. I am playing a character that frequently switches between ranged and melee setup, so it's particularly annoying have the right weapons up at the wrong time. And if I wanted to start mixing in some spells as well, argh…

I can highly recommend going stealth/archer and upping the difficulty.

Also, don't miss out on the Dark Brotherhood.

Could always go for something a bit out of the ordinary, such as Age of Wonders or Spellforce. I play them from time to time and it's always a blast.

Ok.
So, Joxer - my problem with you has always been that either:

1.- You miss the point of a thread entirely, yet continue to pound away at it. OR..
2.- You just dont care about the point of the thread, and forge ahead with whatever your vision of reality is.

You call that a problem? Well… See, that's how the reality works. And it's not a vision, we're on RPG site, not zealots of some religion who have visions.

In either case, youre insane, and i risked a big bunch of time by inviting you to choose my next game. The entire point of this thread is that I have entirely too many games in my backlog, and I need to work on that. Not taking on new games outside the list, that's precisely the last thing that I need.

I'm sorry Joxer - youre fired.
I havent claimed the gifted Deus Ex title, so it shouldnt be a waste.
Of course I'm insane. Again, that's a part of reality, not a whatever vision.

Once I've started to check your Steam list, I couldn't but notice that the game I've instantly had in mind seeing yellowish Skyrim is not there at all. Thus I've played this right. And honestly, not only you've risked nothing, but you got more than asked. And what companies do in such cases, do they fire ppl? In reality of course, not in some visions. They do fire ppl?

Fire me as many times you want, but it's still there waiting for you to claim it. And it will stay there.

I would have picked Startopia off that second list. Purely selfish reasons- I almost bought it a few times and even played the demo, but never actually dropped the loot back in the day. I could have had a vicarious run.

Now i feel bad. Which i cant believe - joxer made me feel bad!

It was his insidious plan all along. Now im going to have to play DX:HR eventually, even tho i never really wanted to and never would have bought it. He snuck another one in the backlog, he must be just grinning ear to ear.

Bastard

Last edited:
Getting back into an RPG character that's about 30+ hours old…. what a chore. I'm never putting myself thru this again. If i quit playing an RPG halfway thru, I'm leaving a detailed txt file w/ all the information I'd need if starting up again.

Oh look at those unspent skill points, what was I saving those for? What's all this junk in my inventory? Why do i have a bounty? What's my quest priority? Do i have a follower? If so, where are they?

Oh shit.... i'm a werewolf????

I'm ready to pull my hair out just trying to get my bearings with my Skyrim character, i almost just restarted the game entirely. No way, this character is great, i remember having a lot of fun playing it. I'm just NOW getting to play after hours of looking things up, setting things up, moving things around.

Even scarier is knowing that I left BG2 in this same state - about 30ish hours in. Tons of quests open. Unique party. Clueless now…

Now i feel bad. Which i cant believe - joxer made me feel bad!

It was his insidious plan all along. Now im going to have to play DX:HR eventually, even tho i never really wanted to and never would have bought it. He snuck another one in the backlog, he must be just grinning ear to ear.

Bastard
I know. I'm evil.
:cm:

Back
Top Bottom