The Totally NEW Team Corwin Thread

What a load of crap! No Lamm for me.

I get a site is down message when I click on that link!!!!

I get a site is down message when I click on that link!!!!

Works for me. Here is the first post.

The new Lamannia client is installing Akamai netsession interface. The old client didn't need it so why does the new?

Installing it is rude and presumptuous. If it is a peer to peer downloader that runs in the background if I'm not playing the game (it auto runs on Windows login) and so might be technically illegal under UK law. You might want your lawyer suits to have a lock at the UK's Misuse of Computers Act, as you didn't ask my permission to install or run it outside the game client.

I only noticed it because my firewall reported it was blocking it.

I am seriously displeased with this for the following reasons:

1) It didn't ask me. How it did this and bypassed UAC is very disturbing.

2) It auto-runs as soon as I log into Windows. There are already too many apps taking this liberty with my computer and I hate everyone of those companies for doing so. Do I add you to that list of despised corporate entities. You might think its only a little app, but all the little apps add up to a big lot of resources consumed for purposes not my own. I'd disable yours like I have all the others, but I suspect the client won't work if I do. You should be using an in process library that only runs when the client runs for this sort of thing, or a child process that disappears when the client does. This separate always running process or two is not acceptable.

3) This downloader has peer to peer capability. I'm guessing that is what my firewall is blocking. I have no idea if you've configured it to actually do that, but I would like to point out that if you successfully manage to use my upload bandwidth in a way that provides no direct benefit to me, without my permission, I will regard it as theft (see UK law). Attempting to do so and not succeeding is attempted theft.

4) The Akamai logs suggest you might also be using this to auto-collect various debug logs from my computer. Is this true? If so what are you collection and why?
And no I wont join the guild. I'm a lone wolf.;)

Thanks, for some reason I'm getting a site is down for maintenance screen every time. Weird. However, you SHOULD join our Guild, you have NO idea what fun you're missing!! :)

If nothing else, you would gain access to ship buffs and occasionally a useful item is tossed into the guild chest that's open to all. If you hit the Friday sessions, you also get to laugh at Corwin when he dies. It's win-win!

We have several guild members who prefer to play solo. Just getting access to the ship buffs will make soloing so much easier. The resist shrines will be particularly important at lower levels.

The resist shrines will be particularly important at lower levels.

I can only stress that.

My Lammannian client currently resists in an .ZIP package nowadays, by the way. ;)

Soloing with ship buffs makes life much easier....we will not mandate you join us to run stuff...if you want to chat up anyone logged in be sure to use /tell rather then trust they see guild chat. Guild chat can scroll off really fast and there is no special ping sound to let you know someone posted a message.

Send Corwin a pm if you want to be invited, or any of us for that matter if you don't want your toon names public knowledge.

May as well benefit from the ship...it really does help.

I finally managed to ETR my level 28 fighter Peter Stauffenberg yesterday. He has now maxed out all Epic Destinies for fate points. He has now twists tier: 4-2-1.

He is back to level 20 and can finally start working in quests in good destinies like Legendary Dreadnought in quests. It will be great to not spend tany moreime in crappy destinies doing less damage than he's capable of.

My monk also managed to get to level 28 yesterday and he got 6 mill karma in Martial. He will first ETR for the doublestrike bonus and then a full TR to level 1 to get his third life.

That means I will only have 2 high level toons remaining (a level 26 cleric and a level 28 cleric). The level 26 cleric will get to level 28 and ETR to 20. The level 28 cleric will make a full TR to level 1 once we form a new group that should stay together (alternate between the current Friday team and the new one).

So after today I will have the following toon levels:
Petresus: Monk level 1
Pitrelon: Artificer level 8
Karlpeter: Fighter / paladin level 16
Peters: Fighter / paladin level 20
Rolfpeter: Cleric level 26
Peterp: Cleric level 28

So I'm not as top heavy as I was.

The log-in issues from earlier have been fixed in case anyone was trying.

If we are working on the epics again then I have my newly ETR'ed level 20 fighter available.

Should we maybe consider TR'ing another group that we play together on Fridays? That group can be the backup group in case we don't fill the main Friday group. One reason is that it's easier to catch up the low level quests than the quests we will run on the level 16's.

My level 28 cleric is available for TR'ing back to level 1.

It looks like the new divine epic destiny tree called Divine Crusader will be available in Update 21. This tree seems to be a hybrid between casting and melee and is dps oriented.

Should we maybe consider TR'ing another group that we play together on Fridays? That group can be the backup group in case we don't fill the main Friday group. One reason is that it's easier to catch up the low level quests than the quests we will run on the level 16's.
Given my lack of excitement for character development at epic levels, I'd be all for this. I've got RhoGu already waiting. He's completed Korthos but done absolutely nothing in Stormreach and I believe he's nearly hit 4th rank of lvl2. We had plotted out what everyone was going to run with the next round, but I don't know if everyone has a toon ready to bring around. Aletys seems rather taken with epic gear, so I don't think she's ready to TR just yet. We'll have to see.

Yes, I'm afraid I am enjoying the epic stuff … it's all new to me & I'm having lots of fun with it … :)

I guess I could do something with one of the two I started & parked after the enhancement update (a level 4 halfling bard & a level 5 or 6 human druid) … but I'm not really sure I want to play them as currently spec'd, & I really have more than enough active toons to handle at the moment.

Besides … I'd have to empty their inventory first (argh! … *runs*, *hides*, *cries*) …

Currently, I'm enjoying playing my epic Druid again, and I'd likely enjoy doing some epic stuff with my AA. Having said that, I could also be talked into Peter's idea as well. I think it would be good to run the epics at least once a month just for variety, have our regular Friday toons and perhaps some low levels as Peter suggested for when we have a few weeks with people absent. I'll be away on the 14th and 21st of Feb.

Back
Top Bottom