Two Worlds II - Content Clarified @ Joystiq, Eurogamer

magerette

Hedgewitch
Joystiq and Eurogamer post a little more information about the upcoming Two Worlds sequel, recently announced as Two Worlds II but once referred to as The Temptation. They both quote publisher TopWare's Dirk Hassinger, who says:
"After Two Worlds the dev team started an add-on. Later this was too huge and became a full product (Two Worlds: The Temptation), but in the last year as the development went forward, we found the technology outdated and started a new engine generation from the scratch. Now it is a real Two Worlds II with state-of-the-art technology," TopWare boss Dirk Hassinger told Joystiq.
"Of course some ideas and story partly developed in the last couple of years, which could have been a part of Two Worlds: The Temptation (PC/360) and Revelation (PS3), will be used for TWII, but it is for sure a different title and not a simple rename."
More information.

The original Two Worlds came out of nowhere for me. I never heard of the title until I saw it on the store shelf one day. I picked it up and was surprised that it was fairly decent for being both an impulse buy and an unkown title to me.

Despite the mediocre gameplay of Two Worlds I am surprised (in a good way) to see the franchise make it to a sequel. And I hope that the money they earned from the first title and the experience making Two Worlds will yield a great game in Two Worlds 2.

The original Two Worlds came out of nowhere for me. I never heard of the title until I saw it on the store shelf one day. I picked it up and was surprised that it was fairly decent for being both an impulse buy and an unkown title to me.

I think a lot of people around here were disappointed by Two Worlds because there was quite a bit of hype during the development of the game. They thought it was going to be the next Gothic franchise, or something similar.

I agree with you though, as long as your expectations aren't too high, it's not a bad game at all.

TW was a B title. I enjoyed it despite its faults, but it was no where near as good as it could have been. That being said, in many ways I preferred it to Oblivion!!

I know this is an unpopular view but I think Oblivion beat the hell out of it. I just don't get the love for TW. I wish them every luck but ffs, stop talking about new parallax mapping and concentrate on better content, like decent writing.

Forsooth thoust hast opined on the stilting of the dialogue, Sire Dhruin? :D

I had more fun than the game deserved - Oblivion is a higher quality game, but for some reason I liked Two Worlds more.

Forsooth thoust hast opined on the stilting of the dialogue, Sire Dhruin? :D

I had more fun than the game deserved - Oblivion is a higher quality game, but for some reason I liked Two Worlds more.

Because shit you killed stayed dead ;)

As much as I love Gothic, but to call it a "pure" RPG is a little bit off. It's mainly an actiongame with RPG elements.

I know this is an unpopular view but I think Oblivion beat the hell out of it. I just don't get the love for TW. I wish them every luck but ffs, stop talking about new parallax mapping and concentrate on better content, like decent writing.

I agree Oblivion was better, but I don't really consider the writing to be the primary reason for that :)

No, not the primary reason - I'm just voicing my opinion that better writing would be a godsend for TW. But still, at least Oblivion made some attempt to create interesting (if linear) quests.

No, not the primary reason - I'm just voicing my opinion that better writing would be a godsend for TW. But still, at least Oblivion made some attempt to create interesting (if linear) quests.

Agreed, and TW was pretty atrocious in this way.

This is from a guy who generally focuses on gameplay far more than story, quests and setting.

TW was just lame overall, sadly.

At least in TW you had to choose sides at one point.
I wasn't bothered by language since I'm (obviously) not a native English speaker.The worst thing was that the world was more empty than the one in Oblivion.

Hmmm ... all this love makes me want to install TW again ... but sadly the Witcher 1.5 just came out ...

Just read a Witcher book instead. You get about as much choice reading the book page by page in sequential order... ;)

Oblivion was better, easily...especailly if you don't have a bethesda hatred. Two worlds was ok, but definately needed alot more.

I can't really complain about Oblivion. Despite its flaws I put in a good 120 hours before I lost interest. It was a pretty solid experience I won't soon forget. I can't play it now though, with all the level scaling, its just too in your face obvious. TW I played for about 20 hours or so, its very fun. Simple, but fun. I can kill dwarves all day long! :)

Looking forward to this, not on same level as oblivion or gothic 3 but it was fun enough. I liked the diablo-esque loot and stacking the same weapon to improve it, did not like the stacking spell cards or how easy it is to jump away from enemy attacks. Might reinstall it and see if it can keep me interested enough to actually finish it.

I liked the openness of the world and the variety of the enemies. What I didn't like was the terrible voice acting and the leveling system. The weapon stacking thing just didn't make sense to me. Why would having multiple copies of the same weapon make it stronger? I also wish they had included an option to lock the camera behind you.

Never did play very far into it. I'm gonna try to finish it after TW2 is released, and hopefully play them back to back.

I liked the openness of the world and the variety of the enemies. What I didn't like was the terrible voice acting and the leveling system.

Don't forget that the bad voice acting was attached to even worse dialogue!

Back
Top Bottom