Two Worlds II - Polish Interview @ CD Projekt

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Pawel sent in this Polish interview with Reality Pump CEO Miroslaw Dymek at CD Projekt. A Google translation can be found here but Pawel provides a couple of translated highlights:
- After 2 months of beta testing average time for completing main quest line is 24-27 hours. The tester that spent most time in the game (112 hours) has discovered about 70% of the whole game world.

- Dymek's favourite RPG? Assassin's Creed 2, though he admits it's got only elements of an RPG in it.

- Mirek says: "Real fun in TWII starts multiplayer mode".
More information.

Wow, 112 hours @ 70% explored world. Nice! Hopefully it's a world worth exploring in the first place!

I'm very interested in the MP mode. Dedicated servers? Friends list? Party abilities? Need more details!

Yep I am really looking forward to this game. Currently playing Two Worlds now and loving it, it seems to cater to my style of play which helps - lots of loot, weapon upgrade options, fun combat, archery, interesting quests so far, exploration is fun. I am level 15 so these things might change later on.

Ugh. I loved Two Worlds but this snipped dropped my interest in Two Worlds 2 about as low as the deep sea.

Buy you don't want to explain why?

Sounds really great imo, like TW1 only better in every aspect.

I'm looking forward to this, definitely.

More so than Arcania, that's for sure ;)

Of all new open-world RPG's coming out (FO New Vegas, Arcania, TW2) this feels like the safest bet.

I'm very interested in the MP mode. Dedicated servers? Friends list? Party abilities? Need more details!

At the bottom of the article he mentions a server so I'm hopeful. Also the article mentions some persistent aspects like creating settlements so that is implying a real client/server with persistent world.

MD: Make sure you quick access to netu, because the real fun in Two Worlds II begins in network mode. We have fights and cooperative and for SIM-olubnych - opportunity to expand and manage their own settlement. See you on our server for a month already!

It's possible there's a incorrect/bad translation here so I'm not sure.

That's because we are evil or something like that.

Next time be the first to send in the news and we'll link to the Two Worlds Vault.

Meh... I've been sending the news for a while now to watchinfo. Doubtful anyone bothered to read them since I didn't see any of my exclusives shown after the archery one. Why bother, you just prefer second-hand stuff anyway :p

We read everything sent to to our news pipeline, although we only post ca. 50%.

My email DB shows the last submission by TwoWorldsVault was sent in on June 21st.

What bothers me a bit is the site this interview has been posted on. Since when do we link to publisher propaganda without calling it what it is? ;)

OK, I've looked it up. There are about 10 news postings referring to Two Worlds Vault. The last one is from the 21st. Check it here.

And yet.... less than 10% of original or exclusive content mailed out landed in the news strip, heh...
Last mailout (that also registered in many other outlets - but not here lol) was on Aug 6. It contained our last video that featured daytime combat. Of 6 exclusive videos and 10 or so interviews/previews 1 video has been shown and 1 interview + translation... and they've all been mailed out :D
Nevermind though. 50% would be nice of course, just that a lot of news that are posted on the official forums of TW or fan sites are late compared to TWVault anyway, including in-depth analyses of other footage, magazine articles and Antaloor Post newsletter. We've had a great track record with providing exclusive and original content as well as databases. Just registered here to say that it's a shame no-one seems to notice.

50% was just a guess. Maybe it's less, we don't count it.

I don't see your submission from Aug 6th. It's unlikely I've deleted it. Other possibilities are it got stuck in the spam filter or it was filtered out before it could reach our mailing list.

@Daroou
See you on our server for a month already!

There is an error in this translation. In fact Dymek says:
"See you on our server in just a month!"

@Fijau - oddly enough, our translation at the Vault is correct... and ofc was posted earlier :D

@Gorath - my bad here. On Aug 6 I posted the penultimate one, Dualwielding video (mailed out). The last exclusive one was on Aug 14/15 (mailed out as well).

We've had a whole 2month long weekly feature of which only a first video has made it through to you , despite being noticed and showcased at play.tm, n4g, etc..

The oddest thing is that mailed out things that are objectively quite cool and show fun, nice stuff about the game aren't newsed at all (?), while stuff that is non-original or non-exclusive (e.g. this video coverage) makes it through via user submissions... (There was no mailout for this as even though the comments and tidbits are from the Vault, videos themselves have been made available by a German fansite, Two-worlds.de.)
If there's a spamfilter involved, then there's little chance I'll be able to get through with our other upcoming exclusives. What you missed so far were a community contest, 9 original interviews, several translations and video frame-by-frame analyses and new first-on-the-Web databases for Two Worlds II. Perhaps I should switch mailouts to some other email (Please PM me if so; I also have Joost's mail though that's hardly for news stuff).

Hi Propheet,

Since I'm responsible for news, I should respond. I'm sorry if we've missed emails but I just don't have them. I check every mail we get and everything gets posted, unless it's outside of our purview or similar.

I don't check Two Worlds Vault because I check 63 different sites every day (unless time gets the better of me, which does sometimes happen) and I need to draw the line somewhere. I already check the Two Worlds II official site and the official forums. That said, I'll add Two Worlds Vault now.

You seem surprised we missed some things, even though they were covered by Play.tm and n4g...I don't check those, either - I already check enough other aggregators but the internet is a big place (Blue's, Shack, VE3D, Edge Online, VG247.com, EVOTab plus Worthplaying, Rock, Paper, Shotgun and others) and I would have posted if I saw your stuff there - I'm not trying to avoid it.

I can't help what readers submit - if they notice some things but not others, that's just the way it is.

Since I run all of my different email addresses through the same system, I'm not sure a different email address will help - but there must be some reason they aren't coming through. As I said, I'll add your site to my regular routine but if you send something in, perhaps you might consider PMing me the first couple of times and we can can double-check?

Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom