Dragon Age: Inquisition - News Roundup

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
It's time for yet again another round of various articles for Dragon Age: Inquisition. They just don't stop so without further delay here they are.

The first article is from EGMR who writes about how developers can learn alot from Bioware Dragon Age Saga. Here is a small sample of their opinion.

Most recently, we were shown the multi-dimensional, deep and engaging world of A Song of Ice and Fire, through the HBO TV series Game of Thrones, and the book for those like me who read them. In it, while there are clear-cut evils and a few obvious pure goods, a lot of it is murky middle, with various Houses showing that they are mostly just in it for themselves, and seen from their perspective, a lot of their actions are completely justifiable.

Dragon Age takes that sort of thing just a step further. In Dragon Age II specifically, the Qunari and the highborn of Kirkwall must learn to cooperate. The Chantry and Templars are fighting in a battle for control with the Circle. Templars are getting greedy with their addiction, while mages are effectively being enslaved. Meanwhile, the Maleficarum is making a play for power as well. The resulting chaos is a smorgasbord of fuckery and we are left with the cliffhanger ending of all cliffhanger endings; basically, the world is gone to shit. Now what?

Unfortunately, we might never get to see that play out with Dragon Age: Inquisition seeming to go in a slightly different direction, but with all these factions still more or less in existence, plus the possibility of more, it could lead for some very interesting situations in Inquisition. I can at least say that not even the almighty Warcraft and The Elder Scrolls franchises boast this level of intricacy with its various factions and races. Who is right and who is wrong, and who are you siding with?
Up next Gameranx previews all the lovely DLC you get if you pre-order the game.

BioWare and EA Games have put up new images of the additional bonus content you’ll get for picking up the Digital Deluxe Edition of Dragon Age: Inquisition directly from its Origin service. These items include the Flames of the Inquisition Arsenal, Armor, and Armored Mount.
And for last I have some new screenshots from Lightning Gaming News.

A bunch of new screenshots have leaked from Dragon Age: Inquisition showing off one of the locations in the game – Emprise Du Lion, reportedly situated in the highlands of Dale. The images, which include depict a Dragon, Red Lyrium crystals and a fort/castle, mark the latest in a steady stream of media from BioWare’s action RPG over the past few weeks, with most of these illustrating various locations new to the series. The snow-covered locale in the images below marks a nice contrast to the Exalted Plains and Dales’ Forest.
More information.

Most recently, we were shown the multi-dimensional, deep and engaging world of A Song of Ice and Fire, through the HBO TV series Game of Thrones...
Dragon Age takes that sort of thing just a step further.
Yea, in Dragon Age main characters die even faster. The show to compare DA with should be Legend of Seeker, not GoT. I'm not reading more of that article.

Gameranx, just like the rest of the world, knows nothing about "goodies" you get from the "legendary" edition. Nothing to see there.

LGN is worth checking, those screenshots rock!

Dragon Age: The series that never loses a chance to EXPLAIN everything about its back story. Did I mention that everything is EXPLAINED at every opportunity. Also, most NPCs will happily EXPLAIN everything that is going on with the back story. Need an EXPLANATION? Dragon Age will EXPLAIN it for you.

Looking forward to this, but it's the opposite of Dark Souls in its explanatory nature.

First Two Worlds, now Dark Souls?
Ovenall, cmon, gimme a game title I did play! Or at least one I will play. :D

Dragon Age: The series that never loses a chance to EXPLAIN everything about its back story. Did I mention that everything is EXPLAINED at every opportunity. Also, most NPCs will happily EXPLAIN everything that is going on with the back story. Need an EXPLANATION? Dragon Age will EXPLAIN it for you.

Looking forward to this, but it's the opposite of Dark Souls in its explanatory nature.

I completely agree that extended fantasy history lessons is some of dumbest stuff you have to endure in video games, but I wouldn't hold Dark Souls up as the answer either.

<Click on hidden npc>
"I am a cartographer, I make maps."

<Click again>
"I think I forgot something, why am I digging?"

<Click again>
"My memory comes and goes…"

<Click sixth time>
"I can't believe you're still talking to me. Here is a key, I am moving to town."

Each NPC is unlikely to ever say anything interesting, but you prod them half dozen times anyway because they might give you stuff. Is there a happy medium? (Gothic 1 and 2 did it perfectly IMO)

Last edited:
Tell me that guy didn't just compare Dragon age 2 with a song of ice and fire..........

Back
Top Bottom