Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Revealed

Dhruin

SasqWatch
w00t!!! I'm so excited, I just can't hide it :) There are 350+ posts in 24 minutes on Bethesda's Forums about the news. I'm not sure there is a more popular single-player series in existence. Definitely not a single-player crpg. I just got my Christmas present a couple weeks early.

Last edited:
woot!

*run off to the elder scrolls forums*

edit:
Novak'leen sound a lot like "Nerevarine" and they both happen to be Dragon Born. How nice.

Or it might just me that want a storyline closer to what Morrowind had…

second edit:

Apparently UESP was wrong, it's not Novak'leen, but Dovahkiin.

Last edited:
This is on my very short list of games I'm looking forward to: this and Dead State.

Hmmmm, those type of trailers don't work for me. It also doesn't help that I wasn't blown away by Oblivion. Now if they would have revealed that ES 5 is going to be more like Morrowind, that would have got my attention.

Let's hope they can get their horrid level scaling, repetitive cave textures and skill system fixed

Surprising news for a Saturday.

Is it too soon to start bashing the game?

Sounds like Max von Sydow narrating.

Is it too soon to start bashing the game?

Let me start!

Regards the game - ok, dragons return, you're the chosen one and you have to build up your powers in order to slaughter the head dragon/wizard/demon/whatever and save the kingdom. Before that however you will slaughter hundreds of wild animals, ghosts, skeletons and recalcitrant humans. You will also fetch and carry dozens of times for helpless types in return for some virtual money and 'experience'.

I know it's Oblivion and I'll eat up the coming screenshots like everyone else, but aren't we all getting just a little tired of the cod-medieval/orcs and elves/you are the chosen one formula?

Well, I will bet there is no way is is ready by next year.
Slick trailer but...............

Sounds like Max von Sydow narrating.

Let me start!

Regards the game - ok, dragons return, you're the chosen one and you have to build up your powers in order to slaughter the head dragon/wizard/demon/whatever and save the kingdom. Before that however you will slaughter hundreds of wild animals, ghosts, skeletons and recalcitrant humans. You will also fetch and carry dozens of times for helpless types in return for some virtual money and 'experience'.

I know it's Oblivion and I'll eat up the coming screenshots like everyone else, but aren't we all getting just a little tired of the cod-medieval/orcs and elves/you are the chosen one formula?

Well, it really depends on the implementation. Dragons are a particularly generic fantasy trope though, and I always found it kind of cool that they were a distant legend in TES so far. DaO and Gothic 2 had vaguely similar premise. I would have preferred a more original premise, but other things will be more important in the end for a sandbox game.

I'm looking forward to it, even though practically no information was given beyond the name and release date. I hope the world is designed more like Morrowind which I thought was more interesting to explore than Oblivion. For me, Bethesda has taken over some primary RPG space since Origin and Looking Glass disappeared.

This is on my very short list of games I'm looking forward to: this and Dead State.

I could not think of two CRPGs more different in gameplay, scope, storyline, and target audience.

Edit: Me? I'm looking forward to Dead State, Deus Ex 3 and Xenonauts. And Witcher 2 of course.

What excites me the most is to see how they could possibly dumb down Oblivion any more than they already did. To do so you need both skill and dedication. I am excited to see what the team came up with.

What excites me the most is to see how they could possibly dumb down Oblivion any more than they already did. To do so you need both skill and dedication. I am excited to see what the team came up with.

With Mass Effect 2 and Dragon Age 2 Bioware determined even lowest standarts then Bethesda. And then there's Gothic 4 with Jowood. I hope Bethesda won't forget to license Awesome buttonTM from Bioware. They won't be able to sell enough games to the 'casual' crowd without this. We don't want that. :) Hail to our next big fantasy GTA-like action game. RPG, who wants that?

w00t!!! I'm so excited, I just can't hide it :) There are 350+ posts in 24 minutes on Bethesda's Forums about the news. I'm not sure there is a more popular single-player series in existence. Definitely not a single-player crpg. I just got my Christmas present a couple weeks early.

Definitely not a multi-player crpg? ;)

I'm actually hopeful about this, and I'm not going to bitch about dragons or anything. Why?

Because I have hope. I hope Bethesda have learned from their mistakes with the two Gamebryo games they've done, and that they'll apply that knowledge to this new tech they're using and as such, make a beautiful game that performs well. I don't care about the main story's details as Bethesda have always had it as just one path to go down, unlike Dragon Age or Mass Effect from BioWare where you're forced down that path. Obviously you can go down the story to one point to add changes to the world (Oblivion gates in TES IV, for example), but it's not necessary to do so to enjoy the world.

Why is that? They've been working on it for two years - end of next year makes three…isn't that enough with existing tech?

+1.

Dragons sounds really uninspiring, but im really looking forward to it (and the mods ;) ).

Back
Top Bottom