Backlog Slackers Anonymous - name my game

Do you think I can play whatever game Joxer picks for me to the end?

• I have faith in thee, Sammy. Godspeed

Votes: 11 64.7%
  • Hell no, youre too much of a slacker. As if you could

Votes: 6 35.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

xSamhainx

Paws of Doom
Original Sin Donor
My backlog is so big, and ever-growing. More than simply not playing my games, and I know this is ridiculous - i cant decide what to play!

I'm serious! I need direction

Do you want to conquer your backlog? Do you know you have a metric shit-ton of awesome experiences awaiting you, yet for some reason you find yourself only playing the latest/greatest purchase? Playing what all the other kids are playing?

Okay. I'm going to pick someone from this forum. I'm going to post my steam backlog. They are going to pick a game they want me to beat, and i'm going to pledge to play that game to *completion as soon as possible. Now, I guess with the exception that it doesnt literally qualify as a "backlog" title. If I've played it to death already, it doesnt qualify as backlog. Also, only one title in multi-edition "gold" packs, i dont have to play all 3 games if theyre bundled together.

I will have to post shots as I go, to prove that I'm playing. It's for my own good.

I'm going to try and pick the most unlikely people, that I've had conflict in the past with, but I'm going to their advice:

DArtagnan - name my game. For better or worse. What piece of gaming history do I need to play, in your opinion. You could choose something awful, it's up to you. There's a ton of games there from Steam, GOG, and Gamersgate

* 'completion' meaning the game's "main quest", from its beginning to it's end-game conclusion.

Attachments

• Clipboard01.jpg
    Clipboard01.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 103
  • Clipboard02.jpg
    Clipboard02.jpg
    41.2 KB · Views: 98
  • Clipboard03.jpg
    Clipboard03.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 98
  • Clipboard04.jpg
    Clipboard04.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 94
  • Clipboard05.jpg
    Clipboard05.jpg
    51.2 KB · Views: 100
Last edited:
You have too many games...
First of all, stop purchasing games. Waste of time and money if you don't even try to play them.
Second, if you like collecting games, then at the very least, buy the retail version. At least you'd get a little case for your trouble.
Third, start playing each game you haven't completed, starting from the first one (i.e. A Game of Dwarves) on that list until the last one (The Witcher).

My two pennies.

Holy crap!!! That's one hell of a backlog. I thought I was pretty bad with my "mere" 40 games still to be played...

On an unrelated note, I picked up Borderlands 2 from the Steam sale, and that shit is like crack...

You have too many games…
First of all, stop purchasing games. Waste of time and money if you don't even try to play them.
Second, if you like collecting games, then at the very least, buy the retail version. At least you'd get a little case for your trouble.
Third, start playing each game you haven't completed, starting from the first one (i.e. A Game of Dwarves) on that list until the last one (The Witcher).

My two pennies.

But... but... they are so cheap.

It gets even worse when you are a habitual bundle buyer. There might be 1-2 games in there that you actually want, but buying the entire bundle is cheaper than buying them individually (even on sale), and some bundles contain insane amount of games (up to about 15). Thus you can quickly build up a backlog of hundreds of games that you don't even want.

Joxer's going to shit himself when he sees that list.
No actually it's awsome to see what game update is paused on the second screenshot. Is it even possible? There is an update for it? Lemme check if blizzard is outside…

I've PMed him to add me on the Steam friendlist, by the time he does that, I'll post what title I recommend him to (re)game.

btw, I don't remember any conflict.

Since Sammy's committed to finishing the game, it seems only reasonable to pick a true sandbox game. :cm:

Given the way that Sammy played Morrowind back in the day, signing him up for that one could be a 2 year sentence, although he did "fine print" his way out of games he's already played the crap out of.

But… but… they are so cheap.

It gets even worse when you are a habitual bundle buyer. There might be 1-2 games in there that you actually want, but buying the entire bundle is cheaper than buying them individually (even on sale), and some bundles contain insane amount of games (up to about 15). Thus you can quickly build up a backlog of hundreds of games that you don't even want.

Yeah, but there's no point in buying games if you don't at them. That's what they're for.
So first thing is to stop buying new games and play the games you want to play.

If some of those games came in a bundle that are not interesting then those dont count but otherwise it's a waste...

So the point remains.

although he did "fine print" his way out of games he's already played the crap out of.

Oh yeah, saw that one coming a mile away! I probably should add a "main quest" clause as well.

This is only a fraction of my collection. I have an entire shelf at GOG, gamersgate, and shelves of physical boxes.

And yes, I do intend to play them. When you have an interesting formerly $60 game now $2.99, it's hard to pass up. You don't go to the store, buy a bunch of groceries, then come home and eat them all in one sitting do you? You're looking at my virtual pantry here of brain food, i just need a little help deciding what to consume first.

If you want to wait til later Joxer, i'll post my GOG shelf which has a lot of good old stuff

Last edited:
Since Sammy's committed to finishing the game, it seems only reasonable to pick a true sandbox game. :cm:
Ah you mean one of those with no ending like… Tetris.

No.
There is a game not on his list at all. Perhaps he has it elsewhere, but I don't see it on those pics. And I can't believe it. I mean… Norespawning storydriven (okay, rather "light") RPG. But then again, they're making a movie after it!

Perhaps he has it elsewhere, but I can't afford to risk it. Now it's sent, so… Please log on Steam (NOT WITH THE PHONE!) and accept the gift.

That's the game I want you to (re)play, xSamhainx. You don't have to post GOG shelf as this game is not available on GOG.

Oh and… A hint. After you get the "stun gun", don't drop it!

Actually that game is not on any of my accounts.

Im flattered that youd just give me a game and DLC, this thread is to work on my backlog - not throw another game on the pile!

I'll post my GOG shelf if necessary, can you see anything in my steam library that looks a candidate?

Last edited:
Yeah, but there's no point in buying games if you don't at them. That's what they're for.
So first thing is to stop buying new games and play the games you want to play.

If some of those games came in a bundle that are not interesting then those dont count but otherwise it's a waste…

So the point remains.
Ever since Digital Distribution sales became a big thing, I've completely changed my buying patterns. Before I would buy a new game when i knew that I wanted it, but these days it's more economic to buy a game that looks like something I want to play when it is on a sale, and then play it when I'm in the mood for that type of game. Which does mean accumulating a bit of a backlog (actually, it means accumulating a rather large one...).

I wouldn't recommend KotoR 2 in a console. The game as released is an incomplete mess, so you really should use one of those mods that finish what the devs didn't have the time/money to complete and took out of the game, and for that, you need the PC version.

Ok.
So, Joxer - my problem with you has always been that either:

1.- You miss the point of a thread entirely, yet continue to pound away at it. OR..
2.- You just dont care about the point of the thread, and forge ahead with whatever your vision of reality is.

In either case, youre insane, and i risked a big bunch of time by inviting you to choose my next game. The entire point of this thread is that I have entirely too many games in my backlog, and I need to work on that. Not taking on new games outside the list, that's precisely the last thing that I need.

I'm sorry Joxer - youre fired.
I havent claimed the gifted Deus Ex title, so it shouldnt be a waste.

DArtagnan, care to recommend a game from my backlog? Pick a game, any game. From my backlog. Soon.

Attachments

• gog1.jpg
    gog1.jpg
    155.7 KB · Views: 31
  • gog2.jpg
    gog2.jpg
    168.8 KB · Views: 23
  • gog3.jpg
    gog3.jpg
    158.2 KB · Views: 14
  • gog4.jpg
    gog4.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 14
  • gog5.jpg
    gog5.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
What is thy command, o' master DArtagnan?
(i never thought i'd be saying/typing that!)

If he doesnt want to cooperate, I have to think of the next person in line. I could just ask JDR or DTE, but that would be too easy and a little bit predictable. Theyre bros and may take it easy on me, I dont want that.

I want someone from the proverbial "other side of the aisle", someone I generally disagree with and dont really get along with otherwise. C'mon Dart - hit me with your best shot!

Here's the GamersGate backlog:

Attachments

• gamersgate01.jpg
    gamersgate01.jpg
    39.3 KB · Views: 11
  • gamersgate02.jpg
    gamersgate02.jpg
    37.6 KB · Views: 10
  • gamersgate03.jpg
    gamersgate03.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 10
  • gamersgate04.jpg
    gamersgate04.jpg
    8.2 KB · Views: 11
You haven't asked me, but if you really want games to play I'd say not to play only RPGs but switch it up.

So Gothic II : Gold, then Medieval Total War (Kingdoms), KOTOR, then Total War Shogun 2.

Back
Top Bottom