Might & Magic X -The Shaman

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Might & Magic X has a new post showing us the Shaman he/she is one of the classes you can play as in the game.

book_shaman.jpg

Orc Shamans are a strange breed. They act as mediums between the material world and the spirit world, which they refer to as the “Dream World”. To enter this realm, they undergo deep trance rituals, the nature of which is specific to each Shaman. From their journeys into the “Dream World”, the Shamans bring insights that help them draw magical powers from their own demon blood.

Being Orcs, Shamans have raised resistances and above-average Health. Due to their savage nature Shamans do not need to rely on their magic alone - it’s mainly up to their individual taste whether they specialize in the utilization of magical foci, or complement their arcane skills with martial power by wielding spears or clubs. Shamans can control the four magic schools of fire, water, air and earth while excelling the latter three. Shamans are the only class that can reach the Grand Master Rank of the Arcane Discipline Skill making them the most magic resistant class in the game.
More information.

Yeah I'd consider getting this, but I suspect Uplay is required, and that will be a deal breaker for me. Having to have Steam on should be more than enough.

-Carn

The "early release" I reviewed required both Steam and UPlay. Rumor has it UPlay is a one-time registration as opposed to "always online", but I never tested that by turning my internet off while playing.

edit- The developers have, rather apologetically, stated that Ubisoft policy is that ALL of their releases will require UPlay.

Good thing I enjoy the earlier M&M's, I'll keep playing them instead. Forcing someone to register at another site and having multiple online requirements is just sheer madness, and I'll never ever participate in it. Why people actually jump through these hoops is totally beyond me, if enough people said no, believe me, it would be changed.

-Carn

Good thing I enjoy the earlier M&M's, I'll keep playing them instead. Forcing someone to register at another site and having multiple online requirements is just sheer madness, and I'll never ever participate in it. Why people actually jump through these hoops is totally beyond me, if enough people said no, believe me, it would be changed.

-Carn

It's just the way of the world now.

seems every time I turn around I need to register for something.

I have a hotmail account so I could install win8, a gmail for android phone, an icloud and itunes for ipad, steam, origin,beam dog, gog, uplay, etc, etc, etc.

It's just the price of doing business nowadays, I don't think most even see it as a problem. Especially the younger crowd, my kids don't even bat an eye or miss a key stroke when the need to sign up for accounts for all their games.

As for the game I'm definitely getting it I already have uplay for other games and after you first install it it's pretty unobtrusive after that.

You don't install games anymore, you install clients. You can stick to your guns I guess but your available games library will continue to dwindle.

You can always get cracks like I do for all of my games but with some you will have to go without patches since new cracks may not come out for the newer versions.

Back
Top Bottom