King's Bounty: Armored Princess - Offical Announcement

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
We've reported about this add-on before, but here is the official annoucnement from 1C:
King's Bounty: Armored Princess in development
Major Add-On for the Multi-Award Winning Title
MOSCOW, Russia November 11, 2008 - Leading Eastern and Central European publisher 1C Company and Katauri Interactive today announced development of King's Bounty: Armored Princess. This will be an add-on to the critically acclaimed King’s Bounty: The Legend. Players will take on the role of Princess Amelie who travels around the world of Teana and searches for the renowned knight, and her tutor, Bill Gilbert.
This new world of King’s Bounty: Armored Princess is full of mysteries and dangers. The new character, the Princess, will encounter horrible creatures, huge monstrous bosses and a new race, the bloodthirsty Pangolins. As in the multi-award winning game on which this expansion is based, the player has many options to resist these new enemies. Various new skills and characteristics of Amelie as well as her chance to fly will help her overcome the hordes attacking the kingdom. The Princess is also accompanied by a tamed dragon, at the very beginning small and amusing, but its abilities develop steadily until it becomes an incredible ally. He will do his best to protect the Princess during the battles, starting with easy blows and treasure hunting and finishing with battle rage and volcano summoning.
The Add-on will contain the following new features:

• New fascinating story-line and a whole new continent to explore
  • A new female character to play – Princess Amelie
  • Medals giving bonuses can be received for special achievements
  • Tamed dragon which becomes more powerful as the player does
  • New Pangolin race
  • Possibility to turn your horse into a Pegasus which can fly
  • Fast travel between opened continents
  • Hire companions
  • Resurrection of the classic system of contracts and headhunting
  • Improved role playing system including more abilities and the chance to achieve level 50 and higher
  • Brand new spells and new Adventure Magic spell for game map
  • New unique bosses: Borer Robot, Gremlin, Archdemon Baal and many others
  • New engine supporting the latest graphic effects
  • Beautiful, hand drawn environments
Please find more information about King's Bounty: Armored Princess at www.1cpublishing.eu/game/king-s-bounty-armored-princess.

Last edited:
I don't like that "Archdemon" boss ... It reminds me too much of Blizzard ...

Are you kidding? KB looks like it copy-pasted art direction from either Warcraft III or WoW, cartoony exaggerated character models, colorful terrain and all. I took one look at the demoness and thought it was my warlock's succubus with a different hairstyle. It's not a bad style by any means, and beats attempting hyper-photorealism any day, but it's funny to say "it reminds me too much of Blizzard" when it already regurgitates Blizzard whole.

I'm not playing WOW, nor do I follow articles of that ... So I can't commend on this.
I'm trying my best to avoid anything wow at all. ;)

The whole concept of the game, however, is still pre-wow.

Last edited:
Okay, let me spell it out:
Hellfire-Dreadcaller.jpg

6_Archdemon.jpg

Compare the styles of this and this. Or perhaps this and this.

As you can see, not even one single similarity.

Who the f*ck cares if it has "similar" art style to an existing game, that doesn't change the fact that it's one of the best games released this year.

There are only so many ways you can draw a demon. I'm a lot more interested in how the game plays than how it looks, and hopefully my copy will get here shortly. I've about worn out the demo.

Who the f*ck cares if it has "similar" art style to an existing game, that doesn't change the fact that it's one of the best games released this year.

Knee-jerk reactions are hilarious.

I've said elsewhere that I enjoyed the game greatly. Don't get your panties in twist, now.

Knee-jerk reactions are hilarious.

Yes indeed, just like this one....

Are you kidding? KB looks like it copy-pasted art direction from either Warcraft III or WoW, cartoony exaggerated character models, colorful terrain and all. I took one look at the demoness and thought it was my warlock's succubus with a different hairstyle.

I don't know, "who the fuck cares" strikes me as a lot more knee-jerky, especially since you seemed so clouded with fanboy rage that you didn't even realize my post said nothing particularly negative about the game.

(The forum doesn't censor out the expletive, so I'll assume that's okay to spell out.)

I don't know, "who the fuck cares" strikes me as a lot more knee-jerky, especially since you seemed so clouded with fanboy rage that you didn't even realize my post said nothing particularly negative about the game.

(The forum doesn't censor out the expletive, so I'll assume that's okay to spell out.)

It hasn't been necessary to censor swearwords here because the majority of the people posting knows how to behave in a more civilized manner or are at the very least capable of self-censoring ... let's keep it that way, okay.

Anyway, I can't really get exited about the announcement of a sequel to a game that hasn't even been released here yet. I don't know why, since it seems to have been released just about anywhere else and Denmark isn't usually behind any of the other EU countries but the only store with the game on their lists has it set for a February release date :'(

No, it isn't, and "fanboy rage" had nothing to do with it.

I just thought your comment about KB regurgitating WOW was ironic, seeing as how the Warcraft series are some of the most unoriginal games ever made.

I just thought your comment about KB regurgitating WOW was ironic, seeing as how the Warcraft series are some of the most unoriginal games ever made.

I assume that Essaliad will now write that KB-TL is also one of the most unoriginal games ever made.

What astonishes me, is the high amount of agression I feel in these posts. This might be normal to some people, but personally, I believe that to "balanced" people it is not.

It sounds to me like the usual "Friday Syndrome" I know from a German IT-related forum, which is full of hatred and aggression - especially on Fridays.
It's as if all IT-trainees would use that forum as an outlet, as a way to express and get rid of by writing down their own frustrations they have in RL.

I sometimes wonder if this is also the reason why the Codex has a kind of ... "communications culture" ... just the way it is.

It's like Hooligans perform why they are called Hooligans for in order to express their frustrations and anger/hatred/whatever. They beat people down, destroy things, and explicitely live their aggressions. After that, they feel good - definitively better - while walking away from an destroyed battlefield of debris, possibly even not remembering anymore what they did due to a high amount of alcohol in their veins.

Last edited:
It hasn't been necessary to censor swearwords here because the majority of the people posting knows how to behave in a more civilized manner or are at the very least capable of self-censoring ... let's keep it that way, okay.

Agree with that whole heartedly. Normally I just keep my fingers twist-tied rather than comment but lately I've noticed an increase of vitriolic argumentative posting in otherwise good threads. It's annoying, distracting, and makes informative/interesting threads difficult to follow.

Anyway, I can't really get exited about the announcement of a sequel to a game that hasn't even been released here yet. I don't know why, since it seems to have been released just about anywhere else and Denmark isn't usually behind any of the other EU countries but the only store with the game on their lists has it set for a February release date :'(

I know how you feel. Atari handles North American distribution. I'm pretty sure Canada is still part of North America, yet the retail game was out in the States for 7-8 weeks before it arrived in Canada the middle of this week.

It's still incredibly hard to find in Canada and has only been spotted in EBGames. The 3 EBGames stores that contacted me had 1 or 2 copies each. You still have to patch the game even though the 1.65 patch was released in the middle of October.

It was also sad to find there was no North American collectors edition especially after seeing the nice ones offered in the EU.

Ubbax
"Idealism is what precedes experience; cynicism is what follows." - David T. Wolf

I guess I better take some sensitivity classes if I want to continue posting here. I didn't realize a bit of strong sarcasm could devastate the lives of so many. ;)

Ubbax, I hear you about that collectors edition, I was thinking the same thing myself. My only guess is that the publisher wasn't very confident about the sales over here. KB hasn't been out in the States for quite that long though, I bought it the week it was released, about 3(?) weeks now.

Back
Top Bottom