Crash On Startup During First Mission After Some "loading Screen"

vahadar

Watcher
(i'm copying this post from the old forum))Hello alI'm having a constant and annoying issue, with the Gamersgate version of this game (happen both with unpatched and 1.1 patch version)

So basically i can just play the first 5 minutes of the game where i have to escape after the crash and when the 2 soldiers with me dies and when i have to fight 5-6 Empire fighters + a robot.
Once done i got a message telling me i have to go to a starship, then to meticulously explore a location that seems to be a cave

one i enter the "cave" the game go in "freeze cinematic mode" 3 aliens appear with some strange noise, then it stops and i got a Loading "label" on screen and blam Crash to desktop each time

No matter what i do i always got this ctd. I've patched the game to 1.1 russian version (keeping the 4 original files like it is said on some gamersgate review) but it does not help at all.

Plus i havent found any post close to that one, or any such issue reported here.

any idea?
this is rather frustrating (sometime i have the same issue in Xenus2 with the loadings but like 99% of the time it works fine, here it's constant ctd in precursors)

No matter what i do i always got this ctd. I've patched the game to 1.1 russian version (keeping the 4 original files like it is said on some gamersgate review) but it does not help at all.

Have you tried the Unofficial Patch which includes a different movie with subtitles only?

Actually it came from a corrupted texture, i managed to fix it reinstalling (for the 4th time hehe) the game :)

thx anyway Wesp !

in fact i spoke too quickly :s

i'm still having those constant crash, pretty weird when i have absolutly no crash at all playing Xenus2 with the same graphic engine
i'm redownloading from gamersgate, seem some files got corrupted again dunno how grrr

More news :

Is it normal that in my /packages folder in the game folder that all files labeled textures_0.grp to textures_7.grp are just 1ko size when all other files in the same directory are dozen to hundreds megas sized? plus when i try to open those textures_0.grp files with notepad its totally empty exept for that text : FPRG, same for remaining 6 others

Also each time i crash i get a message error about the impossibility to generate textures

This is the 6th time i now download the game from gamersgate, to be sure it wasnt from a corrupted download, obviously i bet my problem come from those "textures_x.grp" files that are empty !!!! which means it is like that from the start on gamersgate version

if not normal, how could i get those files?

All eight of those textures files on my system are only 4 bytes each. I opened textures_0 and all it says is FPRG. My game works fine. I don't think this is your problem… :-/

Sorry, I wish I had helpful advice, but at least you know not to look there.

If you are convinced it's the texture files, I will email you mine.

thanks for the reply :)

well i'm not convinced at all, i was just looking thinking it might be that. I'll restart the game and paste next error i get (dont have all the time the error message so i hope i'll get it ;) )

edit3 : ok i tweaked some hdr stuff with enbseries ini file, it work perfect now, no single crash for 20mins, cant beieve its just because of some stupid hdr setting (they aint even disabled in the modification i made…) :)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom