Doom 3 the Dark Mod (Thief total conversion!)

buckaroobonzai

VR nomad
Yes check it out, Doom 3 converted to Thief gameplay...totally. For anyone who loves Thief games, Looking glass studios concepts of gameplay, and stealth gameplay, check it out!

http://www.mindplaces.com/darkmod/

Looks cool. Hope they finish it -- I didn't care much for DOOM 3 itself, but this looks promising.

Anything Looking Glass Studios influenced is a better influence then probably 95% of whats beign worked on these days i would guesstimate.

That sounds GREAT!!! I probably have my Doom 3 DVD around here somewhere....

I bought Doom 3 of Steam yesterday because I have never played it. Also wanted it for the dark Mod.

http://www.thedarkmod.com - this is the best I've seen made by users.

- automatic installation/update
- automatic mission download
- extremely well done and comfortable

It's something you should explore!

It's sooo simple. You download the mod, put it in Doom 3\darkmod\, start the updater there, it may refresh some files, then start the launcher which starts TDM. Mission download is done from Ingame.

Hmm, bit of a strange sounding idea to me really. Can't say I'm completely convinced by it from the website. I actually rather enjoyed Doom 3 - even finished it on nightmare. For me, the game was already dark enough. :p

Looks like it's a framework for other users to recreate the missions. There's a list of missions created by different people, all separately downloadable. Not sure if they are integrated in any way, or how they tie into an overarching timeline, if at all.

Back
Top Bottom