Baldur's Gate - EE Edition - New Writer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Beamdog/Overhaul announces a new writer for Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition - Dave Gross:
Dave first joined TSR as an editor for Polyhedron Newszine. Later he edited Dungeon and Dragon magazines, while also writing fantasy fiction on the side. His Forgotten Realms novels include Black Wolf and Lord of Stormweather. More recently he’s published Prince of Wolves and Master of Devils for Pathfinder Tales, and was a co-author for Winter Witch.
More information.

Whats with the "Every 2 weeks we make a really unexciting announcement" thing Beamdog has going on? Or should I be excited, but I'm just not smart enough to realize it?

It's marketing; you need something to remind people of your product, so you parcel out news stories at regular intervals.

It's marketing; you need something to remind people of your product, so you parcel out news stories at regular intervals.

Oh. I get that. I'm just surprised that they can't make up better stuff.

And don't get me wrong - I'm not saying the people they announce hiring aren't quite talented. Just, I dunno, tell me something more interesting.

Maybe that's all they have. :/

This is close to the truth, though I don't see anything wrong with their announcements. What is everyone expecting?

Hiring a new writer means they haven't written everything. We know from Cam and Trent's tweets they are just digging in to the new interface. In other words, they are just getting started.

But it's also a short development and you need to build your marketing in time, hence they've had to start promoting the product before they have much to show.

Back
Top Bottom