Shroud of the Avatar - Sharing Stories

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
Richard Garriot share stories on the Ultima games, ducks and Shroud of the Avatar.

More information.

Damn, he's really getting all the old farts together.

I might have to pledge eventually because of this super goofiness

edit: facepalm.

Last edited:
I do like the part where he says the audience they're most trying to serve is the audience from Ultima IV-IX and admits they were kind of abandoned.

Yes, Lord British interviewing Shamino would be one hell of an interesting interview.

As a longtime fan of the Ultima series I can lap up these videos all day long just for the nostalgia factor.

But I wonder how effective many of these videos are to the average person out there who might be interested in this kickstarter. Most of the videos are quite lengthy, filled with information having nothing to do with the kickstarter. I have a feeling this approach is why their kickstarter has slowed to a trickle.

At the very least, I think they should follow up a video with a bullet-point list of the main points of the video relating to the kickstarter so that those who don't have time to watch a 20, 30, 60 minute video can still learn about the kickstarter.

As a longtime fan of the Ultima series I can lap up these videos all day long just for the nostalgia factor.

But I wonder how effective many of these videos are to the average person out there who might be interested in this kickstarter. Most of the videos are quite lengthy, filled with information having nothing to do with the kickstarter. I have a feeling this approach is why their kickstarter has slowed to a trickle.

At the very least, I think they should follow up a video with a bullet-point list of the main points of the video relating to the kickstarter so that those who don't have time to watch a 20, 30, 60 minute video can still learn about the kickstarter.

They are making 45k to 60k a day still...so it's still moving up....however, although these videos are great I, along with others have been pushing for some more written updates. People don't have time to sit through the videos. One fan has transcribed the videos so far though...

As for people not knowing these characters? I'm pretty sad about that, not that it is their fault. We should be up to Ultima 19 by now....:(

Anyways, if anyone wants to spend 6 dollars to find out why some of these people are so popular then:

http://www.gog.com/gamecard/ultima_7_complete

https://www.shroudoftheavatar.com/?p=5519

Some more info on the story.

Lord British posted that in the Comments Section to the last Update: "I read some worried posts in here... fear not! We know the delicate line we walk between making something that has no original style of its own, and making something clearly not worthy of the spiritual successor, you are here for. We are in this together! As you are all backers of this project... especially those of you in the Developer level :) we will be listening to you, as we are NOW. I trust you will let us know if/when we stray from the path. We walk it together!"

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom