Deathfire - Kickstarter Now Live

Looks good to me, will back once I determine what comes in the physical copy tier. If its only a DVD case with a DVD then ill go for digital probably.

40 or so visible physical traits, interesting I wonder what that means exactly. I guess I could research more but I have a lack of time:)

Interested, but not backing as yet. Offering an exclusive in game class/item to backers sounds bad to me. Secondly the info is a bit lacking at this stage - why not make the page a bit longer? They have all this interesting information on the main deathfire site and a lot of people are not going to be bothered to click through those links to find it. Nearly 60% of the page is just about backer rewards. I will probably end up throwing a few dollars it's way but I would have though he would have learnt more from the Thorwalla kickstarter.

The project is goind rather slow as of now. Hope it will gain speed very soon or it's already over before it really begun.

$500 Nethermancer pledge level that gets you an Exclusive Class outright and totally is a terrible idea unless it is just terribly communicated and means something else.

Totally agree. Even if it's just a gimmick it sounds bad. But highlighting and drawing attention to it in an update as he did now is even worse...

:sigh:

Yeah, it looks good. I guess I 'll be backing before the end of this month.
Oh my poor monies…. :-/ ;)

P.S Kinda agree on the exclusive class though. Maybe he needs to rethink that bit eh ?

Last edited:
Backed it, but disappointed by the overnight total when I woke up this morning. Looks like it's going to a struggle unless it gets a lot more publicity real soon now. Perhaps that target is a little ambitious given the current lethargy on Kickstarter, following all the delays and some lacklustre releases.

Nethermancer at $500 isn't a good idea, many pledgers react badly to privileged features in the game, particularly if they add some kind of in game advantage. Not sure how they can redress the situation, since I understand existing levels can't be altered whilst a campaign is running.

Would really like to see this game made - it has a lot more depth of stats and character customization than anything we've seen recently.

Backed, but the project isn't exactly off to a flying start. Here's hoping the European CRPG community, which ought to have woken by now (no sleeping till noon, ya slackers!), can make the first day pledges total look a bit more promising.

$500 Nethermancer pledge level that gets you an Exclusive Class outright and totally is a terrible idea unless it is just terribly communicated and means something else.
Yeah, this is just stupid (and the 1st update pretty much confirms it). Whiskey Tango Foxtrot, over.

I'm really miffed about exclusive deals in general and especially with regards to "old school" CRPG projects, so more than a bit disappointed by the Deathfire having them. *sad panda*

Last edited:
Another turnbased game! I am in. Thank you for sharing this news.

Got the Early Bird package.

Kinda disappointed that "towns" and "explorable world" are a stretch goal, though, and not included in the initial goal… Not sure what to expect in that respect if that stretch goal isn't reached.
Or maybe I misunderstood?

Nethermancer at $500 isn't a good idea, many pledgers react badly to privileged features in the game, particularly if they add some kind of in game advantage. Not sure how they can redress the situation, since I understand existing levels can't be altered whilst a campaign is running.

The way I understood is that this Nethermancer class is supposed to be seriously OP, and is one of the (main?) baddies of the game. I guess he's just allowing high-end backers some fun with allowing access to this and letting them play as the "bad guy"? I don't think anyone would want to play a proper game with it, giving that it is supposed to be totally overpowered.

And given his first update, it looks like he is already trying to appease the complainers, giving all backers a rechargeable item that allows temporary access to Nethermancer powers.

Given the above information, presuming it is correct, I have no issues whatsoever with just including this in high tier packages.

Last edited:
Well I backed the first time so I felt obligated to back the second time (I've think he's done a good job/effort prior to startign the second kickstart) but I did not back at the $55 level. too many games too many games. I think I have to stop reading about kickstart now.

Kinda disappointed that "towns" and "explorable world" are a stretch goal, though, and not included in the initial goal… Not sure what to expect in that respect if that stretch goal isn't reached.
Or maybe I misunderstood?

My guess is think classical JRPG.

I hope it's the typical, overpowered, gimmicky backers-only thing. In that case I'm like have fun with your unbalanced game.

The way I understood is that this Nethermancer class is supposed to be seriously OP, and is one of the (main?) baddies of the game. I guess he's just allowing high-end backers some fun with allowing access to this and letting them play as the "bad guy"? I don't think anyone would want to play a proper game with it, giving that it is supposed to be totally overpowered.

And given his first update, it looks like he is already trying to appease the complainers, giving all backers a rechargeable item that allows temporary access to Nethermancer powers.

Given the above information, presuming it is correct, I have no issues whatsoever with just including this in high tier packages.

I just think it gives something for commenters to whinge about, which can detract from the enthusiasm surrounding the game. You don't want potential pledgers to get fixated on some, probably irrelevant, detail.

I like what i see so far. I'm going to back it at $55. I disagree with some of the others on here, but, i think $390,000 is very do-able. It's actually less than i thought. I thought he would ask for $500,000. Even though the general public may not know him, game developers do. And i believe they will help promote it. I look for the Obsidian guys and Fargo to get the word out about the game.

My guess is think classical JRPG.

I never played a JRPG before. Kinda shy away from them. Not my style.

But uhm, the pitch says:
"Another one of our planned stretch goals will add Towns to the game, complete with locations such as Healers, Armorers, Weapon Smiths, Taverns, Temples, and so on. One additional goal we have planned will add an Overhead Map to the game, complete with Overland Travel, Hunting and Gathering. At this point we will no longer have a linear game, but will also add additional main story lines to the game so that you can really go out and explore."

So... Will there be towns at all, if that stretch goal isn't reached? Or will there just be more of them? Will the initial ones not have such locations as mentioned then? And, the game will be linear if it isn't reached?

As I said, not sure what to make of that...

Looks like the $500 Nethermancer thing was removed because of feedback.

Back
Top Bottom