What games are you playing now?

Currently playing the Mass Effect (the first game). I Would replay the Mass Effect 2 in the near future, then move to finishing DA: Awakening. I also briefly play with Diablo II with expansion installed, just preparing the game releases maybe next year.

I've finally started the Witched:Enhanced Directors Cut. Took a bit to get used to the somewhat quicktime event based combat, but am enjoying it. Playing in on hard - the bargast battle at the beginning of chapter 1 was very difficult! Potions are no longer optional! Long load times are still irritating though...

I've finally started the Witched:Enhanced Directors Cut. Took a bit to get used to the somewhat quicktime event based combat, but am enjoying it. Playing in on hard - the bargast battle at the beginning of chapter 1 was very difficult! Potions are no longer optional! Long load times are still irritating though…

Always glad to hear about someone playing The Witcher...
Yeah the first few chapters are pretty tough until you get the hang of using alchemy, just wait till you have to face the end boss of that first chapter. :biggrin:

Load times were pretty fast on my rig. What are your system specs?

Well, due to the new release, I'm back to playing Dwarf Fortress among my other things. New additions include greatly expanded health care, so that my dorfs can kill each other in even more amusing ways, a military revamp, so that my dorfs can kill each other accidentally in sparring, and some other updates and so forth.

It also broke some existing stuff, and runs incredibly slow right now, so I may wait for a few patches to come out to get serious. Or until I get a newer laptop. One built to handle DF (which apparently also runs multi-cores now, from the forum posts I've seen). Prior, it only ran off one core.

On the side, I've been rolling and rerolling a party in Wizardry 7 ;) and a as of yet unnamed game I'm playing. And playtesting something, using a very crude hacked together mess.

I have reached chapter 3 in The Witcher. Had fun setting traps with the Yrden sign. Haven't tried the Axii sign yet. The back and forth to sell found weapons and slow loads tired me out, so I am taking a break.

Back to NWN 2 OC and its slow loads. ;) About ready to visit Crossroad Keep for the first time with my Arcane Trickster. :)

DA spoiled me with it's fast loads. Huge difference in playability. Optimization polish is a big plus in my book.

@JDR

My system specs are:
- 2.53 GHz Intel Core Extreme - Quad Core Q9300
- 4 GB RAM
- ATI FirePro M7740 w/ 1 GB of DDR5 memory

Playing Torchlight, wrapping up Dragon Age, and i cant believe that I'm playin Secret of the Magic Crystal. going to be an interesting blog entry

Just wait til I bust out my demon horse, then you wont be laughing.

Recently me and my friends began to go retro for multiplayer games, playing beat em up titles on MAME etc, but then my wife asked me if there was anything we could play. After a not so fun moment of Wonderboy III: Monster Lair (the arcade game, not Dragon's Trap) we moved on to play Mario Party in Project 64 (Nintendo 64 emulator). Worked very well. I have a wireless XBox 360 controller receiver and two wireless XBox 360 controllers and it's really plug & play in Windows 7.

I've been playing DDO almost exclusively lately, trying to level up my 4 main characters to level 5 which takes 90k XP in DDO. For pure MP fun that's FREE, I'd recommend it. There's even an RPG Watch Guild on the Khyber server where you can meet up with people from here.

I'm alternating Torchlight with the latest release (1.8) of the freebie indie game, Battle for Wesnoth. The last version I played was 1.6, and they've considerably improved the design and graphics, as well as added an entire new campaign. Anyone who enjoys turn based strategy and hasn't played this one is missing out.

Finished Star Ocean: The Last Hope. Liked it a lot. Then played Dragon Quest VIII, which I had tried like 3 years ago when I bought it, and dismissed it (guess I wasn't used to jRPGs at the time). Well I played it and loved it this time around (finished it in 84 playtime hours without doing the post-game part).
I just received Final Fantasy XIII from Gamefly and liking it so far. I'm still trying to get used to the idea of not issuing commands to each party member and just let the AI decide what to do... I like micromanaging. But the game is indeed beautiful.

Left 4 dead 2
crazy zombie action, moreso than the first one. Really cool environments, zombies look better this time. Location damage, blasting holes and taking limbs off makes for good times. Lots more weapons, tho i dont mess w/ the much touted melee, and i wish the ai wouldnt either. Slows us down.

It seems more difficult on nomal, w/ all the new special enemies showing up. I actually died horribly, several times. Strangely amusing tho.
Good game tho, now under 30.00, you need to check it out if you liked the first one

And Saints Row2 runs like total crap on pc, looks like a cool game but unplayable

Well since trying the Avernum 6 demo it's been nonstop playing, so much so I had to buy the full version.
I had tried one of these games a few versions back and just couldn't handle the claustrophobic interface more than anything else.

I read in an interview with Jeff Vogel that he was improving the look of each game to get people who find the graphics have reached the minimum standard. He hit that with A6 for me.

W/ the coming of the new 360, Ive played both Where the Wild Things Are and Fable II today.
WWTA is an action-adventure movie tie-in game, but so far an hour or so in - I'm pretty impressed for what it is. It's pretty fun, and has some kinda sandboxy elements to it actually. Worth 20 bucks for a fun little title

Fable II seems pretty cool so far too, but I handed the controller off to Tigress - I have a REAL rpg to play. Or so I hear. Let's roll on some Betrayal at Krondor, see what all the hubbub is about...

Currently playing:

Mass Effect. I think i'm more prepared this time, i will try to enjoy it like i enjoyed KOTOR.. I'm going to TRY not to compare it to Bethesda's games ;) I played it like half way though when it came out..

Shadow Complex (xbox 360). Really great mix of retro feel and "next gen" (i hate that word).. Better than i first imagined it would be.

I'm also playing Mass Effect right now. I heard rumors, that it isn't that good. Yet I kind of like it. OK, it IS often repeating itself, but it also has a casual game character to it I like. I also have the feeling that my taste of game setting is developing from medival to scifi. I can't have another wizard go mad.

Dead Rising is a cool concept, and one that you'd think would be a slam-dunk for me. Unfortunately, this is an otherwise good game where the implementation of the dialogue/quest/map system very well may lead me to shelve it. All dialogue is tiny and blurry, and speeds by in the blink of an eye. The majority of text in this game is so small, I dont know where to go and what to do half the time. Really killed this game for me. Capcom says that if youre having problems, you need to get a high def tv. To them, I offer my middle finger salute. Reverse-kudos to Capcom for totally fucking up on this one for me, glad I bargain-binned it off amazon for half price.

Brutal Legend on the other paw - totally awesome game. If you were wearing ripped-up jeans, smoking pot behind the gymnasium, and doing the devil-horn salute in your teens, you need to check this mofo out. The whole thing is drenched in the style of an 80's heavy metal album cover, obviously produced by someone who adores the era. Posers did not make this game, this is a product of the classic heavy metal master race.
Better yet, it not only embraces the classic heavy metal fantasy, it totally talks shit and pokes fun at glam metal, posers, and the scourge of nu-metal & "rap metal" type crap. It's hilarious, ive had many LOL moments in the 3 or so hours Ive played it so far, and also totally rocked out as well and had a good time.

Betrayal at Krondor - I'm trying to make headway in the game, but I keep restarting it due to me discovering certain things about playing it mid-game. I read the manual cover-to-cover beforehand, but some things just dont sink in until youve had to apply them in practice. I havent been using Owyn to his fullest potential for example, he's a very important (if not THE most important) member of your party, especially early game. The proper use of his talents can make or break the game. Overall, the game's done nothing short of a minor miracle - it's changed my impression of pre-baldurs RPGs. It actually rocks. **does devil-horn salute w/ paws**

im playing mortal kombat shaolin monks. i have crash bandicoot mind over mutants lined up

I dropped DF since it doesn't run all that well in the new version for me. 2 frames per second is painful.

Thinking of getting serious about a go at the old Dark Sun: Shattered Lands. I tinkered around with it, but it's been so long that I can't remember how to do anything. Plus it's kinda buggier than I remember. Might be DOSBox, might be faulty memories. I know DS2 was buggy as all get out; I never even finished it due to issues with bugs.

There was a patch for DS2 which fixed the game stoppers. I might still have it in a 3.5 floppy!! :) I did finish it when it first came out, but I've never replayed it since.

I just got my 16th Badge in Pokemon Soul Silver. I'm debating if it's really worth the grind from level 50 to 70 or so to take on Red ( all mid level 80's):rolleyes: Anyone else playing Pokemon? :D Yes, it feels a bit embarrassing to be an adult playing this hehe

Back
Top Bottom