The Witcher 2 - Preview @ PC Gamer

Dhruin

SasqWatch
PC Gamer has some hands-on impressions of The Witcher 2, after playing through a bandit-related side-quest. Here's a bit on voice-acting:
Five minutes into my guided tour of The Witcher 2, and it’s plain that CD Projekt are refusing to scrimp on their voice budget. The first couple of characters I meet are a convincingly Scottish dwarf, and an imperious public-school Elf. Their dialogue isn’t laboured and caricatured, as it is in so many RPGs. It sounds natural, and breathes life into the characters onscreen. As Jan Bartkowicz, the game’s scriptwriter and my guide to Witcher’s kingdom of Temeria, confirms: “It’s an international effort. There’s a British voice studio we’re working with who are very good, and we moved part of our localisation team there to make sure they get it right.”
More information.

Technically I guess they should have a Scandinavian or German accent since the myths about dwarves are from there, but that would be a little too strange for me.

I like my dwarves to have a nice Scottish accent. I may be biased since a large part of my genetic makeup is Scottish. :)

Back
Top Bottom