Venetica - Unveiled by dtp

Dhruin

SasqWatch
dtp/Anaconda sent us the following PR for a new "role-play game with a cryptic storyline" titled Venetica:
Hamburg/Germany, May 27th, 2008 – Deck 13, one of Germany’s most successful game developers, has teamed up with dtp entertainment to present Venetica, a visually stunning role-play game with a cryptic storyline. Venetica mixes emotions and action in a unique free roaming and living sixteenth century world full of surprise.
In the era of Venetica, Death walks among the living as a flesh & blood being, carrying out the deeds of an ancient council known by a few as Corpus. Each generation of the Corpus is set with the task of selecting the next predecessor of the bringer of death. Unfortunately, the most recent council had unwittingly selected a crafty necromancer who is determined on bringing death and destruction to the world.
This conniving imposter has managed to transform into an undead fiend, which no mortal man can kill. This power-crazed necromancer is hell-bent on destroying the reinstated Death and the council of Corpus. Only one person stands in his way, Scarlett, the daughter of Death.
Up to now she has known nothing of her origins, her powers and the capabilities that she possesses – now she is challenged to learn how to develop and use her powers to save her father and curse the necromancer and his henchmen to the eternal hereafter.
dtp entertainment is going to release Venetica in 2009 for PC and the Xbox 360® video game and entertainment system from Microsoft.
Some readers may know developer Deck 13 for their well-received adventure title Ankh.
You can also check out four screens and a 150Mb trailer at Worthplaying.
More information.

It looks nice. Very much like Ankh, unsurprisingly.

However, I don't hold Deck 13 in high esteem. I played Ankh 1 & 2, and both had severe bugs which is hard to forgive in adventure games, a genre that is usually very stable. In fact I couldn't even finish the second game because of that. Worse, neither games were patched, not even once. Considering RPGs are more complex, I seriously doubt this one will turn out fine. Still, who knows?

enjoyed the trailer myself, and may have to try an ankh demo in the meantime.

I recently played Jack Keane by Deck13 which (also) looked alot like Ankh visually. It was quite stable, so maybe they've leaned from experience. Still, given their history it's hard for me to see them doing a "real" RPG. I'm guessing a light-weight RPG with a storyline based on humor and wierd characters :)

Ankh was real fun, some kind of adventure-RPG mix with twisted humor would be great.

The story heavily reminds me od the Discworld. :D

Mort perhaps?

It reminds me of Technomage, if anybody still remembers this game from Sunflowers. Looks nice and decent, so could be interesting. It seems to use Ogre engine just like Jack Keane, or at least it looks quite like Ankh and Jack Keane.

I'm not sure if we will see a full RPG, it has some action-adventure attitude. But it seems to be a little bit different than mainstream. I'll keep an eye on it.

English Trailer @ EuroGamer.de

I hope it is simular to the Quest for Glory games since I have been looking for more adventure/rpg games for a long time and only found a demo for one that I don't think ever got released.

I do have Technomage, however it refuses to run on my new system. :(

If anyone has tips for me please inform me !

I hope it is simular to the Quest for Glory games since I have been looking for more adventure/rpg games for a long time and only found a demo for one that I don't think ever got released.

Did you play all those adventures with RPG elements by Legend Entertainment back in the day?

Back
Top Bottom