Citizens of Earth - A Modern RPG

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Citizens of Earth is a new kickstarter asking for $100,000. It's described as a modern RPG that places you in the shoes of the Vice President of the World, and all of the heroes are regular people.

Due to incredibly overwhelming demand and interest, we've released our demo to the world, grab it now! It's only for Windows at the moment unfortunately though. And it's obviously early in development, so there will be issues. But we hope you have fun! And feel free to leave a comment with feedback.

It’s an RPG that places you in the shoes of the Vice President of the World! Citizens of Earth combines the modern setting and humorous tone of Earthbound with the recruitment mechanics of games like Pokemon and Suikoden. Rather than recruiting fantasy heroes to your cause, however, Citizens of Earth is all about bringing regular characters into the spotlight as heroes. Instead of warriors and mages and other such fantasy tropes in your party, you’ll be fighting with a Baker, Used Car Salesman, School Teacher, Yoga Instructor, and so on. The characters that would normally be NPCs in other RPGs become the heroes in Citizens of Earth!
More information.

I'm definetly paying... to try all of their haircuts this month!

No. No. Just no. Go ask Apple to fund that game that looks as if made with Uken Games Mighty Monsters engine.

You obviously haven't played any Nintendo RPGs have you?;) The game looks like Earthbound crossed with Pokemon.

No, I don't buy products sold by a (now dead) man who insults RPG players.

Anyway... It really does look too familiar, does it. My problem is - I simply don't want to see more of that.

No, I don't buy products sold by a (now dead) man who insults RPG players.

Anyway… It really does look too familiar, does it. My problem is - I simply don't want to see more of that.

Er, Earthbound did a lot of things ahead of its time that today arent implemented in many games. It also has a lot of charm. What exactly is the issue with such a game?

If only.
I have issues with just one thing. Humans are not emotionless robots nor brainless sheep. And humans don't want to buy garbage from neighbors trashcan so why would they buy trash from someone they didn't see (hey, now when I wrote this, definetly have to repost it on EA forums, yea I know I risk permaban on all EA games).

In short. If I'm around and notice any kind of disrespect towards human beings, I go loco.

Of course, I'm not talking about treating special evolution branch creatures masked into humans. Feel free to do whatever you want with sociopats, I won't object. They're still needed by nature as without wars and with modern medicine achievements, the only way to keep the overgrown population under control are mass murderers. I just can't understand obsession with them and their acts by history and media.

Feel free to do whatever you want with sociopats, I won't object. They're still needed by nature as without wars and with modern medicine achievements, the only way to keep the overgrown population under control are mass murderers.

*slowly backs away*.

Back
Top Bottom