Gothic 3 Anyway to disable the respawns in the 1.7 community patch?

Yaggz

Traveler
Past Gothics only had scripted respawns at major story milestones, and I preferred Gothic 3 before the 1.7 patch where respawns were very rare and didn't give xp.

Is there a command to disable respawning in Gothic 3? I believe respawns in an XP based RPG is basically an in built cheat mode for xp.

Which respawning are you talking about? All I see is a spawned group of animals here and there. Nothing worth mentioning.

Yes, it's not a big deal. the patch team said it would be very limited and, in fact, I haven't noticed it at all.

There's one major advantage to the (minor) respawning in 1.7: crafting uses body parts, and some quests need them too. In my original attempt at G3, I got pretty badly stuck at one point because I had depopulated Myrtana of wolves and used the skins for crafting, but needed a big ol' stack of them for a quest.

"I believe respawns in an XP based RPG is basically an in built cheat mode for xp."

Hmmm? What I have seen for respawns is that in a place where you killed a dozen goblins, for example, if you return there a week later, you may find one goblin running around. Not exactly what you are complaining about, is it?

previously when i was playing G3 (without CP), i noticed that killing re-spawned monsters doesn't give you any XP. just curious whether it's still the same with latest CP..

previously when i was playing G3 (without CP), i noticed that killing re-spawned monsters doesn't give you any XP. just curious whether it's still the same with latest CP..

I believe that was actually a bug that has since been corrected.

thanks for the info, JDR13. i didn't know it was a bug.

I'm not sure if it was an actual bug, or just buggy implementation, but it used to really annoy me when I played with 1.6. Sometimes monsters would respawn in the wrong places as well. For example: Lurkers respawning in the forest.

"I believe respawns in an XP based RPG is basically an in built cheat mode for xp."

Hmmm? What I have seen for respawns is that in a place where you killed a dozen goblins, for example, if you return there a week later, you may find one goblin running around. Not exactly what you are complaining about, is it?

I mean, even with the CP it isn't like wandering around in Dungeon Lords, where the constant encounters feels like a jRPG ...

I mean, even with the CP it isn't like wandering around in Dungeon Lords, where the constant encounters feels like a jRPG ...
Was it really necessary to mention D*** L***? When I think of the respawns in that game I get nightmares.

Was it really necessary to mention D*** L***? When I think of the respawns in that game I get nightmares.

Orb & Oracle just disappeared off of the DreamCatcher 'coming soon' list without any notice or explanation ... so it is fresh in my mind ...

I believe that respawning of boars, wolves, scavengers are pretty frequent but it makes sense since you just can't kill them off in the woods ( in reality, I mean ). But for some people who like free roaming, it may not be preferable. I quite understand that, haha.

Back
Top Bottom