Old Game Title ... Please help an old man to remember...

Ratero

Traveler
I've had a gave stuck in my head now for quite some time now. I played it 10+ years ago or so and I can't find my copy in all my old "old game" boxes. The game had the feel of the Elder Scrolls but it had great Operatic music playing in the background. The music was etherial and had Irish sounding overtones. I don't think words were actually used it was more on the lines of how the singer was singing the theme but using no words. There was a cheat / bug towards the end of the game where you went into a room and in that room was a good sized wall / tablet / clicky that when you clicked on it, it either gave you tons of exp each time you clicked (only supposed to do that one time) or it gave you a level each time you clicked on it. I can't remember which. The game had what I remember as Dwarven ruins as a central theme as well. This was a straight forward fantasy based rpg.

I know it's a long shot but I can't get this out of my head.

Any help / suggestions please let me know.

Thanks in advance.

Ratero.

Thank you for your reply.

It was not Rune.

The game I remember was much more "realistic" than what I saw in the Rune screen shots. The game also did not have swords like that one in it. I remember it being one heck of a dungeon crawl and had mechanical mobs very much reminescent of what I'm seeing in Skyrim now. But I do not think it was an Elder Scroll game.

Ratero.

It was not Battlespire either. I found a web page on the Wiki that had every RPG (or so they said) and I quickly scanned all the games from 1990 to today and found nothing. I'll give it another go and see what I can find. If I hear that music again I'll know it in a second and if I can find the name of that song I may be able to find out what games it was used in. That may be my only hope.

Thanks for the effort though hishadow.

Ratero.

Arcanum: Of Steamworks & Magick Obscura?

blade of darkness or Dark Vengeance

Funny, I seem to remember Thunderscape being isometric. Must be another game with Thunder in it I'm thinking about

Edit: It was Entomorph, also in the same setting as Thunderscape.

Last edited:
Yeah Thunderscape and Entomorph were part of SSI's short lived "World of Aden" setting which was created to compensate for the loss of the AD&D license. Entermorph was an Al Qadim clone (made by the same team), while Thunderscape aimed more for a EOB/Ravenloft kind of kind, but neither sold enough to warrant more Aden games.

I'm thinking this could be Thunderscape indeed.

-Sergorn

Could it be Thunderscape?

It had some pretty great Redbook Audio music that might correspond to what you're describing.

I think your right… The name was very familiar and when I looked at the video it seems right. When I heard the women in the background music I could almost lay money that was the one.

Thank you for finding this. I'll see if I can pick up a copy again.

Verified... it was Thunderscape... thanks again!

Ratero.

Last edited:
Who's got the smartest members? Watch got the smartest members! Hoo ha!

Back
Top Bottom