Fable 3 - No PC Demo

Dhruin

SasqWatch
Microsoft's Major Nelson had everyone in a flap when a post indicated a Fable III PC demo would be released (news at Gamebanshee, thanks Zohaib) but that turned out to be incorrect (thanks, Blues), so no demo despite the reports:
"I’ve been informed that a Fable III PC demo is no longer scheduled."
More information.

"You've been informed that purchasing this game has been rescheduled unless you provide me with a demo..."

Guess I'll just have to continue boycotting stupid-dev-decisions like this with the standard interwebz ways of game demoing...lolz

I honestly think the lack of PC demos across the board is due to publishers thinking we all just pirate games anyway and test them that way, then pay if we are feeling generous.

ive only heard negativ things about fable 3, why wasting 40 € to try it ?

In all honesty, I think if developers would take more time to make a more robust game, not release it bugged all to hell or broken sometimes, or heck just a totally junk title; piracy would not be as high as it is today. Not just talking about PC gaming either, as it pretty bad across all consoles too.

The lack of demos, especially on PC gaming IMO has been one of the primary causes. Gamers want to try games before they buy them, however devs most times know they're releasing a shoddy title, thus they don't release a demo that would turn even more players away before they bought it.

You just can't return PC games anymore, let alone find a proper retail outlet that still sells them with knowledgeable staff.

Even with all the updates and changes to Fable III from the console to PC, there is just so much negativity towards this title, I wanted to try it first to decide if I like the changes... Guess Witcher II will get my money first for now!

I guess you didn't play Vampire the Masquerade: Bloodlines when it first came out then. Other then the previous example I don't come across game breaking bugs either.

If they'd stop paying for reviews (or the equivalent of paying for them) then I'd be able to trust review sources and then I wouldn't even need a demo.

But of course it's cheaper to develop a crap game and pay for a few reviews than it is to just develop a good game. If you release a demo for your crap game, everyone will know it's crap for themselves and then they won't buy it.

Back
Top Bottom