Demonicon - Interviews & Hands-On (including Dark)

Myrthos

Cave Canem
Administrator
I'm looking forward to both games. Some might scoff but I'm not excepting anything great.

I liked the sound of what the video interview talked about regarding "The Dark Eye". Another game goes on my radar, its looking very good for interesting upcoming games.

WHat drove the decision to move to a much darker environment and setting in comparison to previous TDE games ?

The original games were released many years ago and fans of trhe serioes have grown older. We wanted the new game to reflect this by providing a more mature game for those fans, as well as having a game that is more representative of the modern genre's themes.

In short : "dark & gritty is what mature gamers want and what's the current fashion in the RPG genre right now."

Thank you for making it so easy for me to decide not to buy this game.

I have the suspicion that their decision was driven by the downfall of Radon Labs and their Drakensang series, too : Nice and cute graphics just don't sell.

I've read a really meh opinion on Demonicon from a hands-on preview like a year ago; there wasn't a lot to do in that version though. I'm willing to wait for some more informed reviews.

In short : "dark & gritty is what mature gamers want and what's the current fashion in the RPG genre right now."

Thank you for making it so easy for me to decide not to buy this game.

I have the suspicion that their decision was driven by the downfall of Radon Labs and their Drakensang series, too : Nice and cute graphics just don't sell.

Alrik the story is about two siblings accepting or denying there dark gifts. Of course it will be dark and gritty. I don't see cute graphics working.

In this setting the "dark & gritty" thing is imho a good choice - but what I hate is that statement like "all of our mature customers want it so !" I'm mature, I'm a customer, and I definitively do NOT want it so - which means to me that their generalization is just plain wrong.

Of course I'm in the minority here, but even the existence of minorities means that one just cannot say "everybody wants it so".

It's like ... as if I'd say "everybody likes to eat bread !". That's wrong, because people with an allergy against Gluten just cannot eat bread like everyboy else.
( Read here for more : http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gluten-free_diet )

Back
Top Bottom