Frayed Knights - Searching for Trouble

skavenhorde

Little BRO Rat
Jay Barnson has another update on Frayed Knights. This time it's about searching for hidden treasure, traps or ambushes:

Searching isn’t free – it takes a turn. This means duration effects go closer to expiration, and that there’s a chance wandering monsters in the area might take note of you. So it’s not something you’ll want to do willy-nilly every few steps. But when the situation warrants it, you can be initiate a search via hotkey, or by clicking the magnifying glass in the command amulet in the lower right of the screen.

Searching gives you a chance of discovering anything hidden nearby. It uses the best skill of everyone in your party. Particularly valuable in the case of traps and ambushes, it allows you to discover them without setting them off. If you discover a trap, you’ll immediately be taken to the trap-disarm screen and given a chance to deal with it. If you discover an ambush, you trigger the combat immediately – but the would-be ambushers do not get a free surprise round to attack you with impunity. For secret doors – well, you are simply alerted that there is one nearby, so you can poke around a little more carefully.
More information.

Like I just posted over at Rampant's site, I'm going to have to install Wizardry 8 now. All this talk of searching brought back too many fine memories. Jesus, how many games am I playing now???? I believe 6.

He just had to make searching sound like fun again, just like in Wiz 8....Arrrggghhhh Too many games I'm playing right now. Going to have to start making a list of which game to play on certain days :D

Make a schedule. ;)
X Minutes for every game. ;)

Lol, sounds like a good plan because I just added Fort Zombie to that list. I was already playing Galactic Civ 1 when that deal for Gal Civ 1 Ultimate came through on Impulse for only 30 NT….less that 1 dollar. So I had to get that to get the expansion and then threw in another 350NT (or something close to that) for Fort Zombie.

Good game, but hard.

So now I'll play FZ for 10 min

Gal Civ 20 min

Borderlands (just got two of the DLCs) 20 min

I'm dropping Arcania. I got it because of the ok reviews, but it's just too boring. I'm blasting everyone to pieces and I'm playing on Gothic level. Normal level must be for the mentally challenged

Legerdemain 30 minutes (takes longer to get into a rogue)

Rogue Survivor 30 minutes (another rogue)

and finally Fallout New Vegas 1 hour just because I like it so much.

Rinse and repeat.

That has been your useless information of the day post. Enjoy :D

Back
Top Bottom