Mass Effect 3 - Keep your saves

Dhruin

SasqWatch
You'll be shocked to learn that while the Mass Effect trilogy will soon be ending, BioWare has hinted that may not be the end of the IP. It might be worth hanging on to your saves, according to BioWare producer Mike Gamble:
BioWare's Mike Gamble has told GamerZines that players should probably hold onto their Mass Effect 3 save files, because you never know what may come in future.
"Obviously I can't say anything, but it wouldn't be a bad idea," he said.
In an earlier article also at CVG, Gamble also talked about the range of potential options they have:
"Without going down any specific path, you can think of many, many different areas throughout the IP, throughout the history, where there are large wars to be won, battles to be had, and a lot of development to be done around where these races came from, how they came about.
"We have so much to draw from. We haven't made a decision about whether we'll do anything in the future, but if we were to do something, we just have a lot of information to choose from.
Anyone think they really haven't already started planning the next Mass Effect?
In other Mass Effect news...
More information.

Preditction :

Game set 30 years after the events in ME3, depending on your save game - you will have either President Shepard (like Babylon 5 last season) or Shepard memorial on Earth (as testament to his sacrifice, defeating the Reapers).

The state of human relations with certain parts of the Galactic community will depend on your save game (who was saved/sacrificed/consumma etc). Characters who survived the war (depending on your save game data) will meet up with you again, most taking on stately positions in Earth Gov, or ranking high in their respective races Military (General Vakarian / Warlord Grunt et al). These would be cameos and candy for those who put in work with the original trilogy, with some of these characters being canon to be included in a new game without save.

I'm guessing this would all be near-launch title stuff for the new generation of consoles (2014 - Xmas Release), so the save data would be transported via cloud to your new HD on your spanking new Xbox 720/PS4/PC, making it an easy transfer of game data and making sense with the predicted launch dates for the new machines. Now, the premise:

A new advanced alien race has presented itself to the Galactic community (which is still under-repair from the War 30 years ago.. but is back on it's feet). The alien ship emerging through the once defunkt Gamma-Beta Relay, a scout ship/emmisary at first - they seem friendly enough, and become a Citadel provisional race after initial diplomatic greetings with more of this new race.. but they have a hidden agenda… or so you and a growing number of Humanity think...

The Human race is more established in Galactic society than in the original timeline/trilogy, and due to being the race of warriors and saviors we are, we are at the front line of military/defense with the Turians and Asari now.. and are the most skeptical of this new Alien race. This draws parallels with Humanities entrance into the Galactic community, so our suspicions are mostly brushed off (ala "ah yes, 'Reapers', we have dismissed that claim").

In this new galaxy of rebuilt society, you are an up-coming member of the Human Alliance, who can be either a Spectre in-training, newly commisioned Alliance Captain or an undercover Humanity First Spec Ops Agent (James Bond in Space type), you would have your own origins story prequel, then launches into the game to uncover the truth, make friends and foe along the way and form your own adventure in the new Galactic community.

Cloak and Dagger / Secret Base Missions / New Evil Uncovered / Alien Sex
("Excited Undertone - Ohh Yes")

New weapons, gadgets and different ships/base of operations depending on your origin story (Spectre/Alliance/Spy).

What you think?

Last edited:
They would have to be fools to end the franchise after ME 3. Its a cash cow that keeps giving every sequel.

I think we found out months (at least) ago that Shepard's story is ending with ME3 but the universe is going to keep going. Telling me to keep my saves is actually a good thing - it means the future of the franchise is less likely to be an MMO.

I think we found out months (at least) ago that Shepard's story is ending with ME3 but the universe is going to keep going. Telling me to keep my saves is actually a good thing - it means the future of the franchise is less likely to be an MMO.

I knew that months ago. Thing is I have no faith in what they will turn it into next.

LongMuckDong said:
What you think?

I think your ideas are far too good to be likely. I know you were shooting for trite but... think TRITER!

Mike Gamble, an associate producer working on Mass Effect 3, told Gamerzines that, “We want the outcomes to be satisfying to the player. That doesn’t necessarily mean they’re all going to be happy or positive. It’s going to make some people extremely happy. It’s going to make some people angry.”

He added, “But that’s part of it, right? To invoke the emotion putting some of these stories to bed will naturally bring up. I honestly think the player base is going to be really happy with the way we’ve done it. You had a part in it. Every decision you’ve made will impact how things go. The player’s also the architect of what happens.”

I'm prepared to be disappointed then. I just found this little bit of info also.

You increase your Galaxy at War score by playing the game, completing missions, finding war assets, etc. However, that isn't the only factor in your GAW score. In order to deliver the full power of your forces to the final confrontation, you need to increase your Readiness score, which is the percentage of your fleet that you will bring to end game.

Your Readiness score can only be increased by playing Multiplayer, or the facebook or I-OS game. Unless you do, you're Readiness will be stuck at 50% and you'll be hard pressed to get a good ending. The bad part is that your Readiness decays over time, something like 1%/day, meaning you have to keep playing those things to stay at full power.

Link-http://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3449196

Don't click on the link if you don't want to spoil the game. It has all the leaked info Bioware tried to stop from going public. I'm disappointed in them from reading the script and how your choices barely matter.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom