Elder Scrolls Online - The Werewolf

Couchpotato

Part-Time News-bot
Zenimax Online has a post on the games website giving us a look at the Werewolf this time as part of it's Creating ESO articles.

Feared throughout Tamriel, werewolves surrender to their primal nature, roaming the wilds in pursuit of prey. Confrontations with these lycanthropes are dangerous; they can spread the disease Sanies Lupinus, which turns the infected into one of the bloodthirsty pack if left untreated. Werewolves are strongly associated with the Daedric Prince Hircine. It is said that he lays claim to their souls, eternally leading them on wild courses through the Hunting Grounds, his Oblivion realm.

You’ll encounter werewolves in your adventures through ESO, and you might even find yourself afflicted with their transformational disease. Don’t worry—we won’t give away any of the surprises we have in store for you here, but we do want to give you a peek at the creation of the player version of the werewolf and a few tidbits about what you’ll see in-game. The werewolf is still under development, so we’re excited to share this first look with you.
More information.

Since it's a multiplayer game, those werewolves will be bunny-hopping around and act like socialite attention whores, obsessing about having fashionable fur and eye colors, while constantly chatting out-of-character using silly internet slang.

Since it's a multiplayer game, those werewolves will be bunny-hopping around and act like socialite attention whores, obsessing about having fashionable fur and eye colors, while constantly chatting out-of-character using silly internet slang.

Usually there are RPG servers though.. Personally i couldnt care less, i play MMO's for different reasons than single player games.

Usually there are RPG servers though.. Personally i couldnt care less, i play MMO's for different reasons than single player games.

I've never had a positive experience with an MMORPG RP-server. Either they're non-PvP and thereby break immersion, or they're PvP and attract numerous trolls and griefers. Besides, they never have the kind of moderation that ensures quality role-playing.

I think the only good alternative for multiplayer role-playing is to play on private servers that are closely moderated by mature RP-enthusiasts wielding heavy ban-hammers. In example, I used to play on private RP-servers for Neverwinter Nights (CoA & EFU), and enjoyed it immensely.

Back
Top Bottom